Chapter 33- Free Shots...?

My face was damp, my head was spinning, I was half sober. We were on the floor at Airi's house, smelling like beer, emotional and crying. My throat felt like the Sahara desert, I had been ranting about my non-existent mental health for the past two hours while downing at least a couple dozen beer. I looked over Airi, she had already fallen asleep, her head planted onto the coffee table in front of her.

Fancy-Ass' face that night flash across my mind once again, haunting me as if my heart was mocking my worst decision. A wave of feelings washed over me, flooding all my senses, making me unable to feel anything but sadness and regret. Although I knew it was the most logical thing to do, I couldn't help myself but get dejected. I was the one who pushed him away because of my own cowardice, so why did I feel so incredibly heartbroken when I looked at him?

Obviously, I knew the answer, it was right in front of me. The problem was just that I didn't want to face it, multiple factors scared me, I wasn't prepared for what was to come.

I could tell that my eyes were closing as I slowly lost the grip of reality. Rudely enough, my phone rang, preventing me to go into slumber. I accepted the call quickly, not wanting to wake Airi up on accident, she was tired enough, she didn't need more burden or disturbance.

"Hello?" I asked groggily, my voice sounded thick.

The annoyingly familiar voice of Vastel and really loud music was audible from the other end. "Tolmer? Yeah, Lulu is drinking himself to death at Nyx, just so you know."

I instantly sober up, upon hearing what Vastel had said. I cleared my throat, "Why is he there? How is he there?"

"Hear me out, he asked me to bring him to a bar I know. He looked sad, so I didn't ask anything. The moment he got here, he started doing a lot of shots, even the bartender was shocked."

I was speechless. What the heck? What the actual heck?

"I'm guessing it's safe to assume that things went down at the café? Anyway, come get your liebhaber, alright? My place is too dangerous, his place is too far and too complicated to get in."

I had no idea what that word meant but it wasn't the time for that. I gulped, "Fine, hold on, I'm coming."

"Great! I'll just have to babysit him until you come!"

He sounded overly excited, it was understandable, to be honest. Before I hung up, I warned him, "Don't you dare tell him, you hear me?"

I heard a small 'Eh' before I got hung up. I immediately grabbed my coat, locking the door, I rushed out of Airi's house, ignoring my throbbing head. I ran as fast as a sober person could towards the bar.

●◦●◦●◦

My stomach felt like it had been beat up, my insides were messed up, I was incredibly out of breath. I held onto a pole for support for quite a while to steady my uneven breath. I refused to let Vastel have the chance to tease me, I knew I wouldn't hear the end of it.

I walked in after I was breathing normally. For some unknown reasons, I felt nervous. I kept telling myself that it was just Fancy-Ass, it would go fine. Of course, my gut was begging me to not get involved, I would probably get into some kind of trouble. I should have listened.

Walking through a crowd of people was not exactly the easiest thing to do. I felt my life being squeezed as I walked through a bunch of bodies. I spotted two very familiar figures before even making out of the crowd.

Vastel pulled me towards them the moment we made eye contact.

"Great timing, he was just calling out to you," he said, pointing to the drunk Fancy-Ass. "Also, he just ordered another set of shots, neither the bartender nor I could stop him."

"What? He has work tomorrow! He'll feel terrible." I shook my head, walking up to him.

"Fa- Luzien, stop drink already, c'mon, time to go," I urged, shaking his left shoulder lightly. He turned his head to look at me, squinting his eyes. I was a little startled when he let out a high school girl giggle. With his slurred words, he said, "Oh, you are here. Hello, I missed you."

I looked at Vastel, unsure of what to do. He shrugged, "I'm gonna go call a taxi for him, none of us can carry him. I'll meet you outside, good luck."

He ditched me as soon as I got to Fancy-Ass. Wow, very helpful.

I could feel Fancy-Ass' eyes on me. I returned my gaze to him. He looked at me seriously, "What were you doing?"

"Talking to Vastel, as you can see. We are going to get you to my place."

Perhaps he only heard the first half of my answer, but he instantly told me, "Only look at me, only talk to me, please? I love you."

The way he said it made me blush like crazy, it also pained me at the same time. Suddenly, he started crying. I still couldn't process why he was crying. He bawled, "You didn't reject me, right? You just wanted time, I'll wait, I swear I'll wait. No matter how long it takes, so don't go running to other people."

I sighed, "Alright, let's get you out of here. You are too drunk."

"No," he shook his head like a small child, "We must finish all the shots."

"C'mon, Luzien, don't be like this."

"Or you have to give me an answer now, I can't wait."

Ah, well, I mean, do I have a choice?