Chapter 9- No Vodka, Wine Or Whiskey For Me

“Holy crap, are you okay?” He immediately handed me a glass. I chugged it down without looking at what it was. Let me tell you, there are many words in the English language, but I will never be able to tell you how much I regretted drinking from it. It was wine. He handed me a glass of wine.

Fun fact about me, my body and mind would react differently when I drink certain alcohols. And, well, let’s just say, wine was one of the drinks I avoided as much as possible.

I felt the liquid going down my throat, just sliding down my oesophagus was warm red wine. I knew it would just be a matter of time before I acted weird in front of him. He was the last person I wanted to expose more of myself to. I would actually do anything (Yes, even selling my soul) to erase all his memories about me.

I stood up instantly, ignoring the things on the table cluttering, ignoring how the other customers looked at me. I could hear their whisperings.

“I have to leave now! Sorry! We’ll talk ‘bout this tomorrow, I swear!” I whisper-shouted to him as quickly as I could. I grabbed my light brown trench coat on the chair along with my striped glasses, and power walked my way to the exit, leaving the confused man alone at the table.

What I did was pretty rude and very much unforgivable. Of course, I was aware of that but I had to leave before she came out. I did say that my mind and body act differently with some alcohols, but I didn’t mean just being drunk or allergic. What I meant was far worse than that. As soon as the alcohol was in my body and my head started to spin, everything came crashing down.

The night before I had vodka shots? Yeah, that resulted a part of me that dances really sexually to be fully awakened. I named him was ‘Cielo’. He’s still me, but, again, different. I seldom drink wine because a very horny part of me would just come out and act all slutty. I called her ‘Vino’. And, the last one has to be the most dangerous and twisted out of all my independent-when-alcohol-is-involved parts. He can only come out if I were to drink whiskey. He’s a psychopath named ‘Yuski’. I could never personally talk to them. I knew their existence and behaviors but we weren't exactly friends. We just acknowledged each other existing and that was pretty much it. Nothing more, nothing less.

When I consume alcohol other than these three though, I’d still be myself, I'd still be Tolmer, which was weird, not that I was not happy about it. I wasn't much of a drinker anyway.

They all have something to do with my past and I knew it the first time I ever had whiskey, wine and vodka. The earliest memory I ever had was when I was 15 when I woke up from a hospital bed, remembering nothing but my name. I had always known something was wrong, yet I was never brave enough to tell anyone. 

By the time I exited the lift, I already started seeing double. Vino only needed a small amount of wine to take control of me. Everything was chaos to me at that point. I could only see the silhouettes people in the crowd, some of them attempted to speak to me but all I heard was just loud noises that was hurting my head.

I knew I was fading away from reality by the second. But before I fully blacked out, someone caught me in their arms. I was sure I saw a familiar hideous bright red tie and felt my body being lifted. Then, I fully lost consciousness.