Chapter 5- How Do I Exit Life?

She looked at me like a child in confusion. "Why?"

I knew I had no choice but to tell her the truth. I mean, she was my closest friend, I couldn't just lie to her or leave her in the dark.

When I finished my story, she looked at me excitedly. "Tol, do you know what this means?"

"That I had potentially offended the literal CEO of the company I'm working for?"

She shook her head, "It means you had successfully caught his eye."

"And?"

"It's a good chance when you think about it."

"How?"

"Your work might gain the exposure it needs! You can't let this opportunity go! You need recognition!"

"Shhh!" One of our co-workers hushed her. She quieted down but excitement was still pumping in her veins.

I shook my head lightly, "What do you want me to do?"

"First, learn how to pronounce his name, obviously. You can't even do that."

"Meh, I don't wanna. I'll just stick to calling him Mr. Fancy-Ass. I'll just do it correctly when the time comes. Or just call him Mr. K."

"Yeah, yeah. For now just focus on that suit you were asked to design. It might catch his eye, you know."

"Ew, again? Hell no, I'm actually done with this guy for another five hundred years."

"Why is that so?"

"Well, it's obvious, he looked at me like a damn beast just now at the stairs in case you forgot. Like, who does that? I mean, he's super nice, super handsome, that delicious manly aura, and his sexy voice. Oh, his voice is just a top notch ASMR material."

"Seems like you like him a lot, don't you?"

"Well, I mean, yeah, I guess. In some ways. But, he was kinda hard to read though. And-" I realised that something wasn't right. I was speaking to the wrong person! Goosebumps covered my body as I slowly lifted my head, forcing myself to look at the person standing over me. I understood why one of my colleagues hushed the both of us for being too loud now. I just wanted to shoot myself instead of facing whatever Fancy-Ass had installed for me.

"Go on," he urged. "I want to listen to what you have to say about me."

My face flushed, "S-sorry, I'll go back to work now." I looked down at my desk as he whispered into my right ear, "I'll see you after work, Mr. Senikos."

With that, he walked away as though nothing had happened. I planted my face into my hands in frustration. I really wanted to scream. I felt Airi trying to comfort me by patting my back. Deep down, I knew that the damage had been done. I would be insulted then fired or fired than insulted, or worse I might not find a job ever again.

I sighed, staring blankly at the papers in front of me as if hoping that this was all a dream and the stationeries would just magically draw something. It could be my last day at work, the chance of me getting fired was as high as Burj Khalifa, nevertheless, my motivation to work was non-existent.

I half wished that I was in the hospital or just dead that day as the clock was slowly ticking the hours away. My papers were still clean and untouched, I was still spacing out.

The unavoidable time came as the clock stated 5:00 p.m. I had to face him, somehow. Even if I managed to escape that day, it wouldn't mean that he would not get me the next day. As all my co-workers gave me their condolences, I knew doom was ahead of me.

I walked out the office, I spotted Fancy-Ass waving his hand from the main entrance. I cringed internally, dragging my feet over to my very death. I prepared for death to come.