Chapter 53- I Have Complex Feelings Towards This But Okay

Limping towards where I was, Airi smirked, "That's right, go on, hit everyone. She told me how abusive you were to all of your team. I'm surprised that they tolerate you so much. I wonder... Whose dick did you suck to stay here?"

Her eyes widened. "What the fuck are you saying? I didn't-"

"Mhm, you didn't. Then what about all those times when one of your members complaint to the higher ups they either get public humiliation or threatened? Tell me, how could you do all of this with no emotion. Say it out to let the world know."

Airi didn't stop there.

"Bold of you to treat everyone like objects. I can't believe my friends are being talked down to, no, I can't believe everyone who had worked for you had been talked down to. You disgust me-"

"Security!" Annabeth screamed on top of her lungs, like her life depends on it and it would solve everything.

Seeming to be bewildered by her choice of action, Airi shook her head. "Little bitch would never learn, huh. Good job on letting go the last chance of me releasing this video into the internet, you are now going to be more famous than ever. I wonder what the headline will be. Is it going to be 'Top Model Annabeth Rover Attacks And Shouts Profanities At Her Employees' or 'Annabeth Rover Is Disgusting, And Here's Why'."

Annabeth looked so livid after listening to her, she might as well explode right then and there because of her anger. "Security!" she shouted again, breaking her voice this time (Okay, this was actually really funny.).

"They ain't gonna come, hun. Let's just say, they aren't at their posts now," Airi cracked signature sly smile. "The only option for you now, is to kneel down and beg for forgiveness from every single one of the people you worked with today and let them resign."

"What? No! I refu-"

"Let me remind you that we have three cameras rolling. Of course I know that once you let your crew resign, which shouldn't have been a problem as they should be able to leave at any time, you wouldn't even have team. No one wants to work for you."

Her words clearly stabbed her right where it hurt, Annabeth kneeled down to Airi. She looked at her with her runny make-up, "I'm sorry, please don't ruin this for me."

"You're begging the wrong person. Now crawl to your team and apologize."

Annabeth crawled on all fours on the scorching hot floor towards where her team was. She didn't look up at them. Hanging her head low, she quietly said, "I'm sorry for what I have done. You can resign if you want, you wouldn't be stopped or humiliated or threatened."

The team murmured among themselves before one stepped forward.

He threw the fan and towel she had shrieked at him to hold during the shoot at her. "Truly, I hope you change, but I can't take it anymore."

He then walked away. His actions set an example for all the other members, as they too left one by one until one was still there. It was the cameraman.

Annabeth lifted her head to see him, "You... You are the only who stayed? Thank you, thank-"

"Oh, no," he cut her off immediately, "I was waiting for Miss Airi to tell me when to stop rolling."

The look on her face made me feel a little sorry for her.

A hand rested on my shoulder, Airi instructed the cameraman to stop rolling, then turned to me.

"Tol, you don't have to feel sorry for her. She sucks anyway. How could she throw your precious creation like that? Jeez," Airi quietly kvetched. She was still fuming.

The corners of my lips turned up at the sight of the cameraman packing up and leaving. Annabeth was still on the floor, her face planted into the ground. It was the feeling of watching the world crash and burn with your best friend.

"You didn't have to cause such a big scene, you know. How's your leg?" I enquired while we walked towards Vastel.

She shrugged, "Eh, could be better."

"How did you get out so early though? Vastel told me you were going to be discharged at three."

"I wanted to give you a surprise, ob-"

"Nope, she rushed through things once she received a text," Vastel interrupted her.

Airi glared at him. "The next time you expose me, Mister Vastel von Ludwig, I will hit you with my stick."

He held up both hands, "No need to get aggressive here. C'mon, let's send Tolmer back to work."

Both of them got into Vastel's car, before Airi slapped me on my back, "Get in loser, we're going back to work."