Chapter 54- Airi Can Be A Matchmaker At This Point

Buckling my seatbelt (Wear your seatbelt at all times. Like, seriously, people don't want you flying out of a car in an accident.), I raised the question, "Why was me staying at Airi's necessary again?"

"Uh, to wait for things to cool down?" Vastel simply answered.

"To cool down how?"

"Okay, think of it this way. You went to meet your brother, that didn't turn out well. You told us, I pissed Airi off. To add on to that, she was in the hospital, and I was working OT. Your house could also be a potential dangerous place. Therefore, in conclusion, your best bet is that staying at Airi's house."

"Then, why Luzien?"

"What why Luzien?"

"Why was he there? What's up with Friday and olives? Yes, I overheard you, sorry. But-"

"Woah, there, buddy, slow down. Look, Lulu was just there for, uh, extra protection and totally not suggested by Airi-"

She elbowed him in the arm, shutting him up.

"Anyway, I feel like tonight is a good time to confront your brother," Airi said as she popped a candy of some type into her mouth, while looking directly at me from the rear view mirror.

"Tonight? Why tonight? What have I missed out on?" I could feel my face crumple, as a sense of disquietude washed over me.

"Listen, kid," ─taking a left turn, he said, "I know you probably have mixed feelings meeting your brother again, given the last encounter you had with him wasn't the most pleasant. But this time you aren't alone."

"It's true, you know. We wouldn't let you meet him like that. I don't know what Vastel's intentions meeting your brother are, but, I wouldn't let you go alone for two reasons."

She stopped there, no continuation, no explanations, nothing.

I shrugged, "Are you going to tell me or...?"

"Hang on, be quiet for a while," she hushed me, pointing out of the window. "Isn't that Luzien? Who's that beside him?"

Vastel slowed down a little, allowing us to see what was going on. Perhaps, it piqued his interest too.

I looked out, spotting him near the familiar entrance of Felciao.

"She could be model material," I mumbled, barely inaudible.

"Tol, she's gorgeous but now isn't time to look at work stuff. Help me figure out who she is." (Let me remind you that it was indeed still working hours but I went along with it because why not.)

"What do you see?" Vastel killed my concentration with his question.

"Nothing much, just Luzien with a model like lady," I turned my head away from the window, not wanting to keep looking at whatever was going on. Airi was still glued to the window, invested in what was happening. "We shouldn't pry too much Ai. It's a little rude, no?"

She pulled herself away with a frown. "Boo you, Tol. When did you become such a killjoy. I wonder what's up with both of them."

Vastel gave her a look, making her apologize immediately.

I kept quiet as I stole one last glance at Luzien and the woman before they were out of sight.

Soon, thoughts clouded in my head, creating a storm I didn't wish to happen. All sorts of negativity filled up my brain. I shook my head, a part of me reassuring myself that it was nothing but Luzien and his friend. I knew that the way I thought was really weird and seemed obsessive but I couldn't help it for some reasons. I just felt down when I didn't have a reason to do so.

"Tol? Tolmer? You good?" Vastel called out. "We're here."

Looking out, I found the Kaiser building staring back at me.

"Don't think too much about Luzien, except for the fact that you might have to face him because of the while Annabeth Rover thing. We'll still wait for you at the same café like we talked about before."

I nodded, thanking him for the ride before walking into the building. A little scared as to what was to come since, after all, Airi did sort of threaten and shamed a top model. I wondered if my manager heard anything about it at all. All the while having a spark of hope and excitement to meet my brother again along with a sea of emotions about Luzien.