Chapter 22- Invasion Of Woman In Red?

I stood up so quickly that I had accidentally spilled the drinks, but that wasn't important, what was was that the place might be bugged or we might have been stalked. I grabbed my best friend's hand along with Vastel's, attempting to get out of the potentially dangerous house. I forced Vastel to open the door. I was lucky that he didn't ask any questions and did what he was told.The three of us when into the lift instantly. Airi hushed Vastel in his every attempt to speak, perhaps it was out of fear that the lift may be bugged too. I pursed my lips, trying to contain myself, in a desperate effort to think. As we reached the ground floor, Airi pulled Vastel aside as I tailed behind.

She looked him straight in the eyes, "Listen, I know we just met and all but-"

"Aw, you're already getting touchy feely with me?" Vastel interrupted.

Big mistake, I tell you. Airi grabbed his onesie, pushing him up towards the wall even more, silencing him. "Let me fucking finish. Your penthouse might be bugged, alright? It could be Tol's brother who did it. There is a chance that everything we said was heard. This concerns everyone's safety. You hear me?"

Never had I seen Airi this serious before, never. Not even at work.

Vastel sighed and nodded, "Okay, we can check the security cams if you want, you know?"

Airi let go of Vastel upon hearing the news, "Well, then, let's go."

Vastel led us to the security office. He knocked on the door, "Good evening, Mr. Emet."

"G'evening to you too, sir. How can I help?" A man about his mid-fifties in black uniform stood up.

Vastel smiled, "Oh, sir, would you do us a favour?"

The man nodded, "Sure, I'd be happy to assist you with anything."

Vastel pointed to us, "We need to check something from the cams, can you help us?"

"I'm sorry, but I do not think that it is legal," the man looked shocked.

"But, sir, it concerns of our safety, you see," Vastel started.

Sweat rolled down the man's cheek, "Sir, I can't just-"

"We guarantee that nobody but us will know," Vastel threw him a convincing smile. "I swear."

"Sir, I-"

"You can do that much for us, yes? Just let us check the cams, we swear we will leave after this. There will be a pay raise, alright?" Vastel persisted. (Dude was literally bribing him at this point.)

The man huffed, finally letting in, "Alright, sir, but just this once. Come, we mustn't be seen." He walked into the office and sat down in front of the monitors. We stood behind him, Vastel was directing him as to see the dates and places.

We watched him checking all the footage anxiously. The footages were fast forward until a few days ago. We saw a woman in a red dress with sunglasses, who was carrying a bag, walked into the lift, got off at Vastel's floor and unlocked the door beside Vastel's. Vastel frown, I could hear him mumble, "That's not right, there isn't anyone living there."

We then witness the woman walk out and went into the lift. Vastel could be seen at the ground floor waiting for the lift. When she got out, Vastel got in, meaning he had seen her once that day. We all turned to look at Vastel. He rubbed his chin, "Let's say she is the one who bugged my house. How did she do it?" He pointed to me, "And, also, what relation does she have with your brother?"