Chapter 31- Too. Much. Intimacy!

Perhaps that it was the fact that I unexpectedly fought back to him that had shock him. However, him acting like a child somehow angered me. I felt that my privacy was violated by him. He was no stalker, I knew that, so I saw no reason as to why he would have acted so extremely irrational.

He looked down in silence, scratched the back of his neck. I could feel his guilt just filling the space between us. Almost inaudible, he whispered, "Can we take this outside?"

I turned to Airi and Vastel to look for confirmation. Making shooing gestures, they enjoined me to go with him. I nodded lightly back to them as an indication of apology.

I grabbed Fancy-Ass' hand, rushing the both us out of the café. I was really happy to see him, but I wasn't going to tell him that (Don't you dare either!). He looked grim, which scared me but broke my heart at the same time.

Once we were outside the café, he pulled me into a tight embrace. I was about to remind him of my personal space. Yet, I didn't have the heart to once I heard his soft sobbing. I hugged back, patting his back gently, like how Airi would calm me down when I had my panic attacks.

When he had calmed down a little, I asked him, using my most sympathetic tone, "Hey, what happened?"

I could hear sniffling and little hiccups from my shoulder. I told him to take his time, no one was forcing him. After taking a deep breath, he looked at me shakily, "I, um, I lost my grandmother today. I really love her, you know that? This morning, when I got the call, they were telling me that she wasn't breathing properly, and was in a critical condition. That's why I had to leave. The hospital she was in was in another state. I only had my car so I drove there."

"And, I, I just," his voice cracked, breaking my heart even more. "I couldn't make it. She had already passed when I got there. I should have stayed there, I should have been there for her," his tears started falling like rain again. I reached up to him, wiping away the tears rolling down his cheeks with my sleeves. I looked at him, feeling sorry for him as to what had happened, "You didn't have to force yourself to come back here. Emotional driving is dangerous. You have clothes and a place to stay there, right?"

He nodded, "Yeah, I do. But, I was missing something, someone, in fact." He cupped my face in his hands, "You." He pressed his soft lips onto mine. There we stood, outside the café, in the cold night, two men, kissing each other.

For some reasons, I did not resist. I just let him do it, I just let him kissed me. Maybe it's because I also want to give us a chance, or maybe I would have felt bad for pushing him away. Whatever the reason, I didn't want it to end.

When we pulled apart, he looked away from me, his face beet red. "You just aren't there, and I couldn't risk not letting you know my feelings. I didn't want to miss the opportunity. I actually wanted to show off you to my grandmother one day, but I ran out of time." He grabbed my hands, squeezing it, "So, I thought, I'll come see you, But, when I arrived, I saw you and Airi walking down the streets, so I got curious. I guess, I just didn't like the idea of Vastel being closer to you guys than I was, especially you."

I looked at him in disbelief, "You were jealous because of this? You big dummy, we are just friends. Just friends hanging out with a friend." (I mean, this isn't a lie, is it?)

"Really?"

"Yes, don't worry so much about it."

"I have to tell you something."

"Go on."

"I will have to attend her funeral, so I won't be able to come back for the next week. Can you promise me something?"

"It depends," I shrugged, knowing that I would probably give to his requests.

He hugged me close and whispered into my ear, "Be my boyfriend, so I won't have to ever let you go."

What?