Chapter 41

'THAT'S ENOUGH DRAKE', an angry Xavier's voice boomed. With curled fists, he glared at Drake.

This moment was extremely frightening. I didn't want Xavier to get hurt by trying to save me. And I didn't at all want a fight between the two brothers.

'Leave', Drake ordered outraged but Xavier didn't listen.

He took slow steps towards us while he spat, 'Brother, please do not hurt her. She is your wife. Not toy you could play with'.

Hearing his words, Drake looked down at me with a little bit of guilt. But that was quickly replaced by his anger. 'Xavier, don't involve in our life. I am her husband and I have to right to do whatever with my wife', he roared, and to emphasize his point, he slapped me harshly across my face making me feel even more humiliated.

'Youu! How could you?' Xavier asked almost unbelievably.

'You will one day realize your mistakes and that day you will regret your actions brother. Now unlike you, I want to make sure she is okay.', with that said, Xavier paced towards me to help making Drake toss me away painfully to the floor where I landed with a loud thud.

Suddenly Drake and Xavier came running towards me. Confused, I stared at them. I felt a sudden sharp pain in my head. I tried to touch my head for any wounds or scraps...

When I looked at my hand, there was blood.

A lot of blood...

Panicking, I looked around, finding a glass vase scattered across the floor...

Within seconds, I felt dizzy as blood poured out of my head. My vision slowly became blurry. The last thing I remember was my blood-soaked blue dress. I wish I die...

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

'She will wake up, don't worry Drake,' I heard a soft female voice say.

'Mother, please tell him to stop. He's treating her like some rag doll.'

'Shut it, Xavier. I'm sorry. I lost it accidentally.'

'Son, she's your wife. Don't treat her the way your father treated me.'

'I know, mother. I will stop.'

A sudden suffocating feeling led to the end of my eavesdrop as I coughed roughly. Drake came running towards me and started kissing me all over my face. Annoyed, I pushed him off me with all of my strength.

'Water', I whispered with intense stinging pain in my throat.

I opened my eyes more to find myself lay in Drake's bedroom. This room scares me. I have had a lot of bad memories here...

Xavier, Drake, and their Mother Mary looked at me concerned. Drake put a straw on a glass filled with water, which I gulped down quickly.

After drinking water, I felt better. My head still hurt a lot, but it was bearable.

I looked around again in a confused state of mind. I felt anxious when my eyes landed on him.

Drake.

His hair was messy and he had puffy eyes. He looked like he hasn't slept in weeks with dark circles around his eyes. All three of them looked like that. I wonder how many days I was unconscious. I tried to sit up, but my weak arms gave up on me making me painfully land back on the bed.

'God Emma...Please don't strain yourself, love. Please rest.' Drake insisted making me glare at him in pure rage. He knocked me out and now is telling me to rest? What the fuck is wrong with him? He is demented.