Chapter 76

'I guess you might have to stress more,' I mumbled, looking away.

There was a deep silence after my words, which were broken by Drake, 'Fine then. We are getting extra protection for you whether or not you tell me what happened'.

I responded with silence. I feel exhausted and just want to sleep. My heavy eyelids started drooping, making me shift myself on the couch and lay down. I looked up at Drake, finding him look down at me, expecting me to talk. When he realised I was going to keep my silence, he let out a frustrated sigh and sat down near me.

'Emma... What happened, my love? I'm sorry for hurting you without proper thought. Will you please tell me? I know I might be annoying you right now. But I am like this. I worry and care about your safety' he whispered while joining me to bed.

He let out a deep breath, trying to calm him down. 'Okay... I will keep quiet. You take a rest. Sweet dreams princess', he spoke while stroking my head.

Though I felt unsafe with Drake a couple minutes ago, I felt safe now. I guess this is the difference between him and his rivals...

Should I tell Drake now? Or later tomorrow? Ugh... I hate that I have such low tolerance for people in sorrow. I want to tell him, but my stubborn self is pleading me to teach Drake to respect other's space...

Okay, my subconscious mind always knows better. Emma... What should I do? Should I tell him?

Or not?

'Tell him Emma', the voice inside me spoke, making me let out an annoyed sigh. Fine, I will tell him then.

'Drake...' I called out his name making him answer, 'yes love?'

'I went out tonight because I heard a little boy's scream for his father. Since I wanted to help him, I followed his voice to a cave. In there, 5 or 6 men surrounded that little boy. There were weapons scattered across the floor. It looked like royal weapons, and they all wore some kind of uniform. Anyway, they were threatening the child with his brother's life to call out for me...'

'Call out for you?'

'Yes, for me. It felt like a trap and I was in too deep to run away'

'How did you escape them?'

'Well, I walked in and talked confidently. Thank god I wore your coat. It had your gun inside the pocket, which I used to threaten them. I also lied that you were outside the cave waiting for me. Good thing they were afraid of you. They let me and the boys go. I ran away with the kids and hid'.

'Okay. Thank you for telling me, Emma. I'm so thankful you are safe, my love. By the way, was there a symbol on their uniform?' Drake asked, turning me around to face him.

I closed my eyes to remember and yes I did, 'Of an eagle it looked like. I am not entirely sure though. The cave was dim lighted and I couldn't make up much'.

'Eagle? That's Augustus's royal symbol. That fucking lunatic... I swear if he tries to touch you or anyone else; he better start his funeral preparation,' Drake spat grumpily.

'Calm down, Drake. I'm okay and now you know the evil mind behind this', I whispered and pulled his head onto my chest.

My sick husband... He is a good person deep inside. But he is sick, he is crazy; which is why he hurts me...

I massaged his head softly and whispered, 'sleep for now. We will discuss more tomorrow'.

'Okayy...Goodnight Emma', he whispered yawing half way through.