Chapter 63

I glared at him with tears of hatred pouring out of my eyes and spat, 'I hate you so much'.

I was just as shocked hearing my voice as him. As soon as those words left my lips, I realised how things could turn very badly. Frightened of Drake's response, my petite form started quivering. Tears started spilling out uncontrollably under his hardened gaze.

Drake pulled me closer to his chest and kissed my forehead lovingly. I was surprised by his action, but didn't complain. He pulled away after a couple minutes and cupped my face.

'I still love you so much', he whispered and slapped me hard across my face. I moved back a little at the force and held my cheek with my hand. Fearful and confused, I stared back at him with cries of despair from me.

'You needed that. You are lucky you bear my heir OR I would have had my ways with you', he spat in rage.

'NOW, the coronation for you to be queen will be held in two days. I don't care if you are ready or not. If you dare say a word against my commands, your precious family and Nelly's head will be on my pikes. Understand you bitch?' his booming voice echoed throughout the walls of this dreadful castle.

My heart raced at the thought of his hurting my family. Without giving me any time to speak, he wrapped his fingers around my throat and started choking me. I tried to push his arm away but it did nothing.

'Speak', he ordered. The life in me slowly drained away as I thought about my death. Maybe this is it. He might just kill me. My head started spinning and just when I thought I would be gone; he let me go. My poor lungs sucked greedily at the precious air.

'I'm sorry Emma', Drake whispered and pulled me into a tight embrace. This is very confusing. What is happening? A second ago he was threatening me and close to killing me. Now he's apologising. I need to tell him. It is beyond time or me and our baby would never have a good life. I will try to tell him in a sweet way. Maybe then he would put thought into it.

I pulled away from the hug and wiped his tears away. After giving him a kiss on his lips, I whispered, 'it's okay'.

His sobs became worse when I forgave him. 'How could you do that after I hurt you?' he asked with sorrow filling his voice. Poor boy, he is sick. He has been hurt his entire life which is what made him this way.

'Can we go to the garden and speak for a while my king?'I asked with a pain covering my pain. He nodded his head 'yes' and wiped away his tears. I gave him a small smile and adjusted his shirt.

'Come', I mumbled while slowly walking away. Drake followed me around while I lead the way. As we got closer to the garden, the music of birds grew louder. It was a little chilly outside even though it was noon time. I can't wait for it to snow. Winter is my favourite season.

I smelled the fragrance of the surrounding fresh flowers and sat on a seat near the fountain. Drake copied me and sat next to me.

I looked around at the calm nature then at Drake finding him relax a little. The power of nature is truly amazing. After a couple of minutes, I stood up making him stand up too. I laughed at his action, 'Haha... Stop it. I'm not leaving your side. I promise'.

A grin formed on his handsome face while he looked down blushing. Aww, that was adorable. He shook his head side to side and sat down smiling. God, I should stop falling for him. But, enjoying the moment wouldn't hurt, right?

I pushed my thoughts aside and sat on his lap. A cute smile grew on his lips and he pulled me close. 'I love you Emma', he whispered honestly.

I could see it in his eyes. Secretly, without those words, I would have lost my complete hope in changing him. With the good intention of saving him, I spoke, 'I do too. Um, Drake? Can I ask for a favour?'