Chapter 78

I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath to calm myself down. I felt Drake's eyes analysing all of my actions, which made me slightly nervous, but I quickly managed to shake it off. But the thoughts inside my head didn't calm down. I am in big trouble. If I try anything, we could die...

But was Augustus serious? He won't have people spying or eavesdropping on our conversation, right? Maybe Augustus was just threatening me...

With little thought, I quickly stood up from my bed and walked over to the balcony. I closed all the curtains and made sure no one could peek through. Just as I turned around, the glass window behind me shattered into hundreds of pieces, along with a loud BOOM.

Holy shit!

'EMMAAA', I heard Drake shout for me. He came sprinting towards me and covered me behind his enormous frame.

'OUTTT', he shouted as he picked me up and ran out of our bedroom. Everything moved in slow motion to me. I was petrified. Stupefied guards surrounded us.

'WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GO INSIDE AND CHECK', he shouted at the frightened group of guards. I saw one man gulp down his spit and nod his head yes. It made me feel really guilty. Maybe if I listened to Augustus, none of this would have happened. Tears started pouring down my face, making Drake desperately try to calm me down.

'Hey, hey. It's okay. You are safe princess', he whispered soothingly as he planted soft kisses all over my face.

'Please tell those guards to come back. I don't want anyone to be hurt because of me,' I pleaded, making Drake glare down at me thoughtfully.

'What I did was to protect you. Don't worry; they are capable enough to take care of themselves', Drake spoke, showing no emotion.

'But...

'My lord', a breathless guard interrupted our conversation.

'Yes. What did you find?' Drake asked, turning towards him.

'The attacker used a gun. From the angle and the distance of impact, it must be a military gun. The man tried to escape but there are guards behind him. And the castle door has been closed so he would most likely to be trapped inside.'

'Good. DO. NOT. LET. HIM. GET. AWAY', Drake told him with a pure determination to torture the attacker. That's what he always does to his prisoners. He ties them down and enquires. If they refuse to answer, he cuts them out slowly. The faster they answer, the less painful death they have.

'Yes my lord', the guard bowed and left us alone.

My body was still shaking, and I couldn't move a muscle. I looked up at Drake to find him brooding.

'What is it?' I asked nervously.

'We should sleep. Let's move to a different room with more safety. Let me go in and get our pillows and things', he gave me a little kiss on my forehead and left.

My heart started to race thinking about the turn of events so quick. I'm very grateful that nobody got hurt. Deep inside, I felt embarrassed by my action. That was very immature and incompetent of me. I must underestimate no one...

'ELIZABETH', I heard Drake shout and storm towards me. He sounded furious, pushing me on the verse of full-blown panic attack.

His enraged pair of eyes met my frightened blue eyes. 'I was searching for your hair tie and THIS IS WHAT I FOUND', he roared while showing me the letter, making my entire body tremble in fear. Oh no, what do I do? What the hell do I do? He is going to kill me...