Chapter 90

When he placed his hand on my stomach, all I could feel was fear.

I was so scared of him hurting me all my life. Now I am afraid of him hurting my baby. I want him away from me. He will destroy my child's life and I cannot let that happen.

I shoved his arm away pretending to look angry but deep inside, I was begging god to make sure he won't flip out and hurt... us.

Instead of a tantrum or yelling, he looked down sad while I stood there panting.

Weird...

When the pain decreased a little, I started taking small steps to the room making him stop me. 'Please let me help you get to bed, then I could get the doctor without worrying about something bad happening to you. I don't want you to fall or anythi-'

Out of pain and exhaustion from tonight, I rested my arms on his shoulders and yelled, 'Ah enoughhh! Just put me onn bedd!' This made him quickly pick me up in bridal style. He walked towards our bed and placed me gently on it.

I looked up only to lock my eyes with him. And his reactions frightened me...

He looked so worried and ... changed!?!

It was like I hit my head hard and is hallucinating pleasant things...

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse...

'I am sorry for hurting you. I hope one day, you would forgive me', he whispered taking me off my feet. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

He leaned down and kissed me passionately on my forehead then rushed to get a doctor... leaving me all confused and alone to my thoughts.

What the hell is happening? That was super shocking now...

He apologised and looked... sincere?!?

All this seems unrealistic. You know what is realistic?

'AHHHHhh', I screamed as I felt another painful contraction. I gripped onto the side of the table as hard as I could while I prayed for this to pass.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Drake run over to me. 'Are you okay Emma?', he asked concerned.

Grumpily, I gritted, 'Yes, totally fine. Not going into labour at all!!!'

I immediately regretted being rude when I saw his face fall. Ughhh, this weird feeling called guilt is all over me now!

I looked over to find two lady doctors staring at me worried. Is something wrong?

Just as I was about to ask, one of them asked, 'Were you in a stressful situation earlier?'

Ohhh...

Yes, I was. I got my memory back and remembered I was married to the notorious Dark king who used to kill everyone who displeased him in minutes. 

I turned to my side to find Drake with his head hung low.

He looks soo sad and embarrassed by his actions...

All this made me rethink everything...

Maybe he was saying the truth...

He does seem wayyy mature and guilty for his actions. Maybe he realised his mistakes when I was in coma...

'Queen Elizabeth?' the doctor called out for me making me snap out of my thoughts.

'Umm yes. I got my memory back', I mumbled making them nod their heads surprised and understandingly.

'We understand. You must have been really stressed since you went into preterm labour. Basically, you are early.'