Chapter 74

I took a deep breath in and regained my posture. Be confident, Emma. You can do it.

I slowly walked in to find two little frightened boys and five big men surrounding them. I quickly observed everyone. The little boys looked frightened. They looked hurt and like they have been crying for hours.

The men looked pleased that I walked in to their trap. I noticed how they all wore uniform...? They had this symbol of the eagle as a badge. I feel like I've seen that somewhere, but I could be wrong.

'Are those boys lost?' I asked, sounding as brave as I could.

'Are you Queen Elizabeth?' a man asked instead of answering my question.

'You didn't answer my question', I thundered. I mentally smiled at myself for sounding so intimidating.

'So, you are the queen. We thought you were a weak girl who was forced to marry Drake,' one of them spoke mockingly, making others laugh.

My heart started racing hearing them laugh at me. I looked down sorrowfully, only now realising my plan might fail...

Till I saw a... Gun!

Oh right. Thank god. I wore Drake's coat, and he had a gun with him. Today must be my lucky day. I'm going to have some real fun with this.

Smirking, I looked up and reached into my pocket.

When I dragged my hand out with a gun, their eyes widened. I pointed the gun right towards a man in front of me and smiled.

'Laugh all you want. Today is your last day on earth', I threatened and tried to sound as much as evil I could. The place went silent after my threat.

I turned towards the entrance of the cave and looked back at the men, 'Do you want me to call Drake for a pleasurable death? He's right outside you guys.'

My plan seemed to work. They believed my lie!

The mention of Drake's name made one guy kneel and start begging, 'please don't queen Elizabeth. We mean no harm. We were just fooling around'.

'SHUT UP', I screamed at them, making their eyes go wide again in amusement. It was obvious that they imagined me to be a weak, nice and innocent girl. I am, but also a little smart.

'You men doesn't look like "fooling around"', I spoke making another man speak, 'Oh no. Your highness, we were. Because of the storm, we decided to rest inside this cave and that's when we met these young boys who happened to be lost'.

I looked at them suspiciously, though I knew they had ill intentions; I pretended to believe them.

'Very well then. Wait right here. Let me go get Drake. He would assist you with safe travel to home'

I turned around to pretend to walk away, making them all scream, 'NOO'.

Grinning, I turned to face them and raised one eyebrow.

'Umm... We can manage your highness. No need to trouble the Dark king,' one man spoke frightened.

'Very well then. Hand over the children to me. I will take them back to their home', I commanded making the men nod their head 'yes'.

The two little boys slowly walked towards me as if they were afraid of me. I would understand why, if so. I was threatening men and had a gun.

'Where do you live, children? Me and Drake will take you home safe', I mumbled as I walked out of the cave while holding their hands. Hoping they believe me fully by now. I still had the gun in one hand out so the men would be a little frightened to try and hurt us.