Chapter 66

As soon as the doors opened, the crowd erupted into cheers. Dread coursed through my veins at the sight of the present huge number of people. Everything felt like it was in slow motion. My vision turned into blurs and the sound of my pounding heart echoed in my ears.

Drake started dragging me into the room with a huge grin while I tried to ignore everyone and stared at our thrones ahead. Every step I took felt so heavy. I looked over at Drake to find him look highly confidently at the crowd. Not even a hint of anxiousness could be felt from him.

He pulled my slightly quivering form close to him while we passed the vast group of people. Drake waved at the people while slowly climbing up the steps towards the throne. I simply looked down frightened and would rarely glance at the citizens. When we reached the top; Drake raised his hand in the air, making the cheers die in a matter of a few seconds. The power he had frightened me very much. In mere seconds, the hall was pin drop silent.

Everyone's eyes bored into us. Mostly me...

I scanned the enormous crowd of room, spotting my parents, brother, Nelly and Xavier in the front row. They all stared at me in shock, fear and remorse while I stared back at them with no emotions displaying on my face. I felt numb. Like this is a terrible nightmare.

I looked back at Drake, finding his eyes twinkling in joy. He slowly turned around and walked towards his throne. Proudly, he sat down and stared at me, making me bow quickly. I curtsied, earning a contented nod from Drake. I slowly sat on my throne and looked around the room with my panic filled eyes.

'Ladies and gentlemen; warm welcome to all. I'm very delighted with your presence for the coronation of the queen. Today is a very special day. I have been dreaming about this moment for a long time. Elizabeth...' he called my name, making me glance towards him.

'You are the most breathtakingly beautiful lady I've ever met. I fell in love with your beauty and unique ways of dealing with situations. You changed me more than you think you did. I am very grateful that I married you love. And I am thrilled to have you as my queen, '

'Our queen', he spoke emphasising the last part loudly making the crowd cheer again.

'On this special day, I would like to announce very special news. My wife Elizabeth is carrying my heir right now', he spoke proudly making me more anxious. The crowd praised loudly again, making me scan over them with my nervous eyes. If something were to happen to the baby or if the baby is a girl; it would be over for me and my innocent family.

I swallowed back my silent sobs to not make my crazy husband angry. I gave a fake smile to Drake after gulping down my spit, frightened of my future existence in this hell we call 'earth'.

'Now, let's begin the ceremony', he announced cheerfully, making the mob of people erupt in applauds.

Suddenly everyone in the hall stood up, including Drake. I followed them, confused about what was about to happen. Men carrying violins walked in along with a young pretty girl with red hair. She wore a beautiful white dress, making her blend along with the men who wore white tuxedos. I understand white is to emphasise the purity and peace, but all this is reminding me of evil ghosts.

Group of tall men wearing a royal guard's uniform followed them and saluted at us.

Drake looked at me grinning, then turned over to look at the young girl. He nodded his head, making her sing the national anthem of this kingdom. The patriotic song filled with lies about justice and equality. Her voice was the only thing pure about the song, which was degraded with dishonest words.

After the anthem, everyone sat down except for Drake and me.

He turned towards me and extended his arm to me. Anxiously, I held onto him with my fingers gripping onto his sleeve. He smiled at me warmly and dragged me down the stairs along with him.

Loud drums started banging along with a noble music played with violins. I stared down at the ground nervously earning me a painful pinch from Drake.

'Keep your head up', he hissed. I stared up at him in rage and pain. How could he do this to me? He is forcing me into something I don't want to be. He ruined my life. Tears soaked my eyes, threatening to spill. I swallowed down a silent cry and focused on my breathing. My poor lungs were aching for more oxygen to prevent me from losing my life.

We slowly walked towards a group of men and women in white royal clothes who were following Queen Mary. She held a royal blue pillow which had a beautiful gold crown decorated with diamond and expensive stones. Its exquisite appearance stunned me. This would have been a dream come true if Drake was a better person.

If he was a better king.

A better king.

She handed the royal pillow to a man next to her whom I'm assuming is the archbishop. Everyone stood up when he walked towards me and spoke, 'Oh God, the crown of the faithful; bless we beseech thee and sanctify this thy servant our queen and as thou dost this day set a crown of pure gold upon her head. So enrich her royal heart with thine abundant grace and crown her with all princely virtues through our Eternal Lord'.

All throughout his speaking, I stared down, confused. I am in too much shock at the moment. I couldn't believe that this hell is my life. The lord must hate me very much to make me the queen of the vilest creature in this realm.

'Queen Elizabeth', he announced and placed the crown on my head making me come back to this hell.

My hell.

'Queen Elizabeth', the crowd repeated and burst out cheering. A tear slid down my face, which I quickly wiped away. Queen Mary; no. Princess Mary stared at me with remorse filling her green eyes. She looked very hurt and close to burst into tears.

I turned over to Drake, finding him smile down at me warmly.

'My queen Elizabeth', he whispered, making the mob of people haul in joy.

'Everyone... Let's celebrate this phenomenal day. Let the party begin', he announced. Music started playing, making Drake pull me to the centre of the room for a dance.

I quietly followed him, ignoring the gawking eyes on me. He placed his hands around my waist while my hands rested on his shoulders and we slowly danced to the rhythm.

Drake looked thrilled. He had a gigantic smile plastered across his handsome face while I looked lost and in terror.

'Thank you for everything, Emma. Thank you for being my queen', he whispered, making me burst out into tears. I couldn't take it anymore. Today has been too much for me. I don't want this life. Why is nobody helping meee..? Why is this world so cruel and unfair..?

'Wipe your tears away. Don't. Embarrass. Me.', he spoke in a threatening voice. Hiccups escaped my lips along with my violent sobs which weren't affected by his rage. I looked at him hurt and whispered, 'why are you doing this to me? Why do you hurt me? For what reason, Drake? What did I do wrong to you?' Silent cries of despair left my lips while asking all my questions.

Drake's eyes softened for a minute watching me cry but was immediately replaced by his fury filled eyes.

'I make you the queen and this is how you thank me? Wait till we finish the function, you ungrateful bitch. I'm tired of tolerating your disobedient behaviour. Queens need be strong yet submissive to their king. And you? I should have known about this before marrying a foolish and cultureless peasant girl,' he spat while glaring into my tear soaked eyes.

'Now, if you want tonight to be easier. I would recommend for you to be a gracious lady while I quickly chat with my friends. If you want to see your stupid family alive; be a good girl for me, my queen Elizabeth' he whispered menacingly.