Chapter 60

'Well, let the party begin', Drake announced, making the crowd cheer in joy.

Men started asking their women for dance and it was nice watching them giggle, 'yes'. I wish I had a man that made me feel special, like those women feel. I ignored the sorrowful thoughts and enjoyed the soft melody, which was perfect for this romantic night. Looking around the ballroom, my eyes landed on a young man stuffing his face with chocolates. I giggled at how he tried to hide it when he noticed my stare. He gave me a wacky smile and strolled away, making me close my mouth to prevent bursts of laughter.

After wiping away the happy pearls, I looked around at the party to find more people arriving. They were mostly women. Probably for Xavier, but too bad he was having the time of his life with Nelly. They would stare at Nelly in envy but would eventually give up. It's clear that Xavier and Nelly are so perfect for each other. On the other end, I saw Mama and Papa dance their hearts out. They even invited me to join their goofy dance, but I refused. I wanted to give them their space. It must have been long since they had fun like this.

And the best of all, my little Thomas introduced me with a girl that he danced with. I heard him brag about how his sister is going to be queen. Doesn't every child brag about how good their life is despite the obvious flaws? I can't wait for him to cringe when thinking about his younger self. I cringe at myself a lot... If you don't at yourself; it means you haven't grown up. That is the truth, no matter how much you argue with me.

'Emma, it's not fair to spill my secrets like this', Nelly scolded, making me giggle.

'I know you are glad that I did though', I teased, making her scold me more. We are like parents to each other, yet best friends.

'Come... let's go somewhere private', Nelly spoke seductively to Xavier making me shout, 'oh god... Get a room you guys'.

They both laughed at my response and Nelly pulled me into a hug. 'Love you', she whispered, holding me close.

'I love you too', I whispered and pulled off with a smile.

Then, there she walked out with Xavier following her. It's obvious that they both are head over heels for each other. I giggled at how Xavier looked at Nelly admiringly while she led the way, pulling him in between the crowd of eyes. I love how carefree she is.

'Love,' I heard a familiar voice. I turned around to find him gazing at me. 'Another dance please?' Drake pleaded with a goofy smile, making me nod my head 'yes'.

I took his extended hand with an enormous smile on my face. He kissed my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor. People separated, giving us more space to dance. I suddenly felt conscious under everyone's stare, but I pushed my nervous thoughts away.

Drake positioned my one hand onto his shoulder and the other onto his hand. He started swaying from side to side while staring into my eyes with a grin. I nervously smiled back.

'Um, my king? Everyone's looking at us', I whispered nervously as I looked around at the curious eyes.

'Everyone's looking at you. And that's because you are beautiful, my love,' he spoke proudly.

I gulped down my spit and danced with him. After a while of dancing, Drake spoke, 'I'm bored. Let's go to our room'.

'Okay', I whispered. He interlocked our fingers and started leading the way. I silently followed him.

As soon as we left the ball, Drake pushed me against the wall and started kissing me passionately yet roughly. Startled by his action, I started pushing him away while tears rolled down my face.