Chapter 51

I woke up shivering and naked. The room was freezing. The only thing keeping me warm was Drake's naked with cuddled against mine. It was still dark with the sun just rising. I felt Goosebumps when a chilly wind blew into the room. Deciding to close the window, I tried to sit up, only finding my hands being tied to the headboard.

With a sigh, I decided to deal with the cold and lay there till Drake is awake. After a few minutes, I started shaking more, so as much as I hated it, I cuddled closer to him to get warmth.

'I love you, Emma', Drake whispered. I didn't know if he was sleep talking or awake. I looked at him with the help of the narrow beam of sunlight. He was awake. He stared at me as if he was waiting for an answer. Oh yes, he said that he loves me. I am not saying that back for now. I am way too angry to do that. He beat me up till I fainted. So, instead of answering, I asked, 'Where is Nelly?'

Drake stared at me, annoyed. 'I will only tell you if you say you love me back', he said stubbornly. I let out a frustrated sigh. With dread coursing through my veins, I bitterly spat, 'I love you too'.

A smile erupted from his lips.

A smile of triumph.

'Now, where is Nelly?' I grumpily asked. 'Back in the prison she is. I wanted to kill her, but I didn't for you. Look how kind I am, my love,' he spat with a cruel gaze towards me. I felt grateful that she was at least alive.

'And, why am I tied up?'

'Oh yes. I will untie you. It was to make sure you won't leave me', he leaned towards the bed stand and took a knife out of the drawer.

With a satisfied smile, he held the knife against my throat. I stared at him, frightened of his next move. No matter how much I want him to just slit my throat. One part of me still wanted to live despite my miserable life.

Drake moved the knife towards my breasts, making me hold my breath. He leaned in and sucked my sore nipple. I whimpered in pain. With a kiss on both my breasts, he started cutting the ropes. Once he let me loose, I looked down at my wrist to find rope marks. I rubbed my hand gently to ease the pain.

'You are so beautiful', Drake whispered with his lust filled eyes staring at me. I looked down in humiliation. I want this to stop, but I have absolutely no power.

He kissed my lips passionately. With his muscular arms, he pinned me down on the bed and looked at my quivering naked body. 'Are you cold, my love?' he inquired. I didn't respond. 'Aww... I know you are. Come closer, I will keep you warm', with that said, he pulled me onto his lap and cuddled me. It did feel warm and cosy since Drake was basically a big teddy bear.

'Today, we both will go to prison again. Not to see Nelly, but another person,' Drake said with a smile.

'Who is that person?' I eagerly asked.

'I won't tell you yet, let's go find out', he pulled my dress over my head and braided my hair quickly.

After he was dressed, he went on his knees and extended his hand. I just ignored him and walked away before he roughly grabbed my hand. With a kiss on my hand, he stood up. 'Let's go milady', he murmured, smiling.

With an irritated voice, I spat, 'Yes. Let's go my maniac'. His eyes glistened with wrath. With a hard slap across my already bruised face, he venomously shouted, 'WATCH IT BITCH... I will not tolerate your lack of obedience'.

Drake roughly yanked my arm and started walking. I tumbled to the ground when I could not catch up with his so called "walking". 'GET UP', he shouted again and pulled me up from the ground.

With the same pace, he started walked as I struggled to keep up. Finally, we reached the prison. It smelled so bad in here, and almost all the prisoners looked weak, as in close to death. And who knows if they are like my Nelly. She did nothing wrong and was sent to prison.

We walked more towards the end of the prison and there were stairs for underground prison. I've heard that the life there is equal to hell. I wouldn't be surprised since I heard screams of men and women. One guard was beating a naked woman right in front of what looked like her son. She looked at Drake and immediately bowed, which brought a sick smirk on his face. I was itching to slap him, but I resisted.

We finally stopped in front of a big prison cell. It looked so dirty here with leaking toilet water clogged in one of the end. I gagged at the horrible smell.

'Love, remember the man who kidnapped you? We are going to torture him and get answers from him'. I gasped when I saw him. He looked miserable, with swollen eyes and minor cuts all over him. His nose seemed to be broken, and they ripped half of his hair out it looks like. He sat there on a hair with his arms and legs chained. He gazed up and down my body, making Drake roar and cover me up behind his frame.

'Open the cell', he ordered the guards. They bowed and opened the heavy rusty door. Drake walked in, pulling me with him.

'WHY DID YOU KIDNAP MY WIFE?' he shouted at the man. He just smiled at Drake.

Drake looked over at the guards and signalled something. In a few seconds, they handed him small sharp collection of knifes. My eyes widened at the large number of fierce, sharp-edged blades.

'Let me ask again. Why did you kidnap my love?' he asked with a wicked smile when he saw the man tense up. The man still didn't answer.

Drake took one of the small knives and slowly stabbed into his skin, making the man scream in agony. 'NOO STOPP', I too screamed at the horrific sight.

I pulled Drakes arm hard to make him stop, but he didn't budge. With a hard push from him, I fell on the ground. The guards immediately pulled me up and held me in place.

'NOW, will you tell me why you kidnapped her?' Drake asked again. The man was crying by this point and blood was pouring out of his hand. He still didn't give an answer.

Drake laughed at the man. 'Tough', he laughed. Again, he picked up a sharper, bigger knife than the last one.

'Why did you kidnap her?' he asked as he slowly cut his thumb off his hand. Both I and the man screeched out loud. His dead thumb fell off with more blood pouring out. The floors dirt and his blood mixed, giving off a foul smell.

Drake turned around to see me in tears and laughed. 'Love, don't cry. It's just a finger'. He picked up the amputated finger and touched my face with it. I was on the edge of throwing up. After more of Drake's sinister laughter, he kissed me deeply and continued the torture on this man.

'Should we cut this entire hand this time?' Drake said that out loud, making the man scream. 'NOOOO I WILL TELL YOU. PLeasEEE STOPP,' he begged.

Drake smiled in victory. 'Very well, go ahead', he encouraged.

I looked at my husband in revulsion. How can he be that inhuman?

The man spoke with a trembling voice, 'I kidnapped her upon... King Henry's request'. Drake growled at him in a rage. It was Henry... He is the reason for my Nelly in prison. This man might know something about it. Without second thoughts, I asked bravely, 'Do you know Nelly?'

The man stared at me with wide eyes. I have to do this to prove Nelly's innocence. I ignored Drake glaring at me and asked again, 'Why did you lie to Nelly?'

'ANSWER HER', Drake shouted at him, making both me and him flinch.

He gulped down and answered, 'Nelly passed our kingdom boarder. King Henry found out that she was your friend, so decided to use her if I didn't succeed.'

I knew it. She was probably tricked into this. 'What did Henry plan to tell her?' my voice boomed.

'He was planning to tell her that Dark King and he held a feud. Since, you are his prized possession; he would help her with your escape. But in reality, he was intending to keep you both locked up. And have you marry King Henry,' the man explained with a few coughs in between.

'See my lord? Nelly didn't know, and I would not run away. My family is here, I would never leave them. Plus, I promised you. Please believe me and let Nelly out,' I pleaded with tears rolling down my face.

Drake's eyes bored into mine as he ordered, 'GUARDS, the war between Henry and I is tomorrow. PREPARE...' With that, he punched that man one last time and pulled me out of the crowd of soldiers.

He furiously started walking with a firm grip on my arm.