Chapter 87

Tears rapidly rolled down my cheeks as I attempted to silence my sobs with my hand. I crumpled to the floor sobbing quietly as I felt sorry for myself. I cannot believe Drake has hurt me so much and fucking enjoyed doing that!

I didn't know he was soo sadistic...

I choked back a sob as I felt a knife of betrayal pierced into my heart. I wish he told me all these truths earlier, though that would have been a bad idea...

My breathing intensified, and I felt myself getting lightheaded. All this information is too painful to accept. Especially the news that I tried to commit suicide!

I know myself well enough to know that I used to like... existing.

Suddenly, overwhelming anger coursed through my veins. Rage that nobody helped me when I was going through all that pain. Angry that everyone left me here with him to suffer. This world is such a cruel place. 

But if I think well enough, I can't blame them. Drake IS a king.

Why would anyone risk their life or happiness for a girl like me?

Wait, is all this my fault?

What if I was being a cruel person to him and that's why he hurt me? But I am not usually that way. I usually can't even stand up for myself...

As much as I wanted to blame myself for the horrible life that I can't recall. I knew it wasn't my fault... 

It was Drake's fault...

But weirdly, I get a feeling he changed now. But I still wonder how he used to be like. I wonder if he was that cold-hearted to everyone, or just to me...

From what I know so far, he seemed like he used to be a cruel king...

A dark king...

Mm, that reminded me of the dark lord. The notorious man who killed thousands with no pity or kindness. I heard he used to torture everyone that he wishes to prey upon.

At least I am not married to him. He would have hurt me more...

A few whimpers escaped my lips as I struggled to understand why? Why would he do that?

He must be fucking insane!

Wait, maybe that's why Dr. Health helps him. Maybe he IS crazy.

But having a mental illness doesn't give you the green card to be an ass...

As much as I wanted to walk away from this truth and pretend like everything was okay. One part of me was curious...

Curious about what my husband did to me...

I wanted to ask him questions that have been running through my mind for weeks...

But for now, I want alone time. I gripped onto a pillar nearby and stood up on my wobbly feet. I started limping my way out, making a guard... smirk at me?!

That is another issue I noticed. Everyone around here, especially the guards, seems to hate me. Whenever I look sorrowful, it fills their faces with smiles.

Furious and confused by everything around me, I started walking towards the men.

'What you guys smirking at?' I asked with a snarky attitude, making one glare at me, 'Oh no, my queen, we were just looking. We are the guards who look out for everyone if you lack the brain to "recall" '.

Oh god! Did he just?! How insensitive!

I wish I was good with comebacks, but I suck at those. If Nelly was here, she would have got my back...