Chapter 57

'Now, back to friends, right?' I asked with a beam of satisfaction.

'Yep', he replied grinning.

When we got closer to the castle, we let go of our interlocked fingers. With a sad yet contented smile, we walked in through the huge gates located behind the castle which is surrounded by guards. They all stared at us with an expression I can't comprehend. They looked almost afraid for us.

We both looked at each other dumbfounded expression then we walked into the hall. My eyes immediately locked with a furious Drake sitting on a chair making all the blood drain from my cheeks. The happy me was replaced by a frightened me in just mere seconds. He angrily walked over to me and yanked my arm towards him while glaring at Xavier.

'WHERE were YOU BOTH?' he shouted at us with pure wrath visible in his crazy eyes. My heartbeats picked up its pace in the fear of him ever finding out what we did. Fearful of my husband, I struggled to maintain a normal talk making Xavier take over.

'Oh brother, I took her to the forest for a little picnic since today might be the last day we spend together in case I find my wife', he spoke confidently as he tried to hide his true emotions of fear. Xavier knows that if Drake catches us, my family will be gone forever... I gulped down my spit in terror of his next words. Thankfully, god saved us.

'Oh yes true', Drake agreed looking a little relaxed and less doubtful. He softened his grip on my arm and pulled me into a tight hug.

'I thought you escaped. I couldn't find you both anywhere', he whispered while inhaling my scent. After a couple of minutes, he pulled away then looked at me with a happy smile, 'let's go to our room then. We have a big day tomorrow'.

Oh yes, the ball for Xavier to find his potential princess. A part I wish for him to be mine, but I know I have to let him go. I glanced over to him with a sad smile, 'Goodnight Xavier'. My voice broke by the end since I felt the sudden strong urge to cry, but I held back my sobs.

With almost teary eyes and a miserable smile, he mumbled a quick, 'Goodnight my Emma'. His Emma... That sounds just right, but yet wrong. I'm glad but surprised Drake didn't notice that 'my'. No complaints however.

Drake held onto my hand and started walking dragging me by my side. I kept turning around to see Xavier. He looked back at me with tears that he tried so hard to conceal.

'Everything, okay?' Drake's voice suddenly boomed making my sight rip apart from Xavier. My breathing became uneven but I managed to spit the words, 'yes. Sorry my lord'

'Okay', he mumbled then continued pulling me along his side.

When we reached our bed room, I sat down on the bed sleepily. I yawned and rubbed my drowsy eyes. I'm so tired from today. I did have a good day though. With a soft smile upon my lips, my mind replayed our little kiss and today's date.

The sound of our door locking made me snap out of my memories. Drake walked over to me and sat down next to me. I laid on the bed with a sigh indirectly trying to ignore Drake for the moment. I closed weary eyes and enjoyed the silence.

For a few minutes, there were no moments; then I felt soft kisses along my neck. I snapped my eyes open and started wiggling to free myself from his grip. I desperately tried to push Drake away which resulted in him pinning my hands above my head with his arm. Helplessly, I stared at him.

'I know you are sleepy and I hate to keep you awake. So, let's make this quick', he spoke seductively into my ears and pushed my dress up. He tried to undo my waistband, but ended up impatiently tearing my dress. His lustful eyes roamed all over my naked chest making me yank my hands to cover up.