Chapter 59

'Relax princess. They will reach here in like half an hour', he grinned.

'Okay. Thank you Drake', I whispered and kissed him.

Drake looked down at me cheerfully and led me to a huge ball room filled with a lot of young women and men. As soon as I walked in, my eyes locked with Xavier's. It was easy for me to recognise him despite the black mask he wore. He looked handsome in his suit and styled hair. It made me a little jealous watching him surrounded by young pretty women begging for his attention. But when I saw that he didn't look interested in them, I felt a part of me squeal in happiness. With his gaze fixed on me, he slowly walked towards us.

My heartbeats became faster under Xavier's stare making me hold onto Drake's arm tightly. I'm frightened of myself. One part of me craves for Xavier. It is that part that I am afraid of. I am fearful of his power over my fragile heart.

Drake must have noticed my uneasiness since I felt his confused gaze on me.

'Brother, Emma', Xavier greeted with a slight smile towards both of us. I returned a nervous smile while Drake pulled him into an embrace.

'I can't believe that my little brother will soon be married. I'm so proud of you Xavier', he spoke with a huge smile and pulled out of the robust hug.

Xavier looked a little tense but replied, 'I know, I can't believe it either brother'.

'Well, enjoy today. Pick any girl of your choosing and I will make sure she will be your bride', Drake spoke boastfully making me glare at him angrily. Thank god unlike my evil husband, Xavier is thoughtful. He wouldn't pick a girl unless she likes him back. I'm sure of it.

Xavier looked at both of us and nodded with a slight smile.

After a couple minutes of brief conversation, Drake left to talk with his friends including Prince Brendan, leaving me and Xavier alone. I looked down and awkwardly shifted my weight from one leg to the other.

'You look beautiful Emma', Xavier said breaking the silence between us.

'Thank you. You look handsome Xavier', I complimented him back with a smile.

'I know this might be a little awkward after yesterday... And just like you I'm still obviously into you,' he spoke with a smirk and one eyes brow rose making me giggle.

'Correct. But, for now, let's keep those feeling away and move on right?' I asked with a slight smile.

'Yes', he spoke with a huge grin across his face.

'So... Did you like any girls so far?' I asked curiously to change the topic.

'No... No one so far', he whispered a little sad. Suddenly I thought about Nelly. She likes Xavier. Maybe it's time to spill my bestie's secret.

'You know, Nelly likes you', I spoke softly making Xavier turn his head towards me in surprise. 'What?' he asked sounding excited and amused.

'Yep, she has a little crush on you. You could ask her for dance since she's coming-', my conversation was suddenly interrupted by the pair of arms around me.

'EMMMAA', Nelly squealed making me turn around to find her and my family in beautiful clothes. Nelly wore a dark blue dress with matching earrings, shoes and mask. Mother wore a red enormous dress with matching mask and accessories. They both looked absolutely stunning.

'Oh god, you both looking so beautiful', I complemented them and pulled both of them into a hug. That's when I noticed two of my favourite men in suits. I felt tears rolling down my face seeing them this happy.