Chapter 45

'I want her to be MY wife', he said out loud earning a gasp from everyone in astonishment...

A lot of courts men and women stared at me searching for a possible answer from me. My heart started pounding fast under all their curious gaze. This was too much for me... My vision started getting foggy, but I tried not to faint and cause a scene. I didn't want everyone talking about the king's wife passing out on her throne.

I felt more anxious when Henry's dangerous blue eyes met my frightened blue eyes. He smiled victoriously. As if his intention was to rile Drake up or humiliate him. I looked over at Drake, finding him exasperated and in anguish. His fingers were wrapped around the handle of the throne and his knuckles started turning white. Drake looked furious. I know that Henry won't have a long life. He stood up from his throne and walked over to him slowly yet radiating power.

'How dare you have the audacity to say that?' Drake's voice bellowed as his eyes bore into Henry's.

'Oh, shut it, Drake. You forced her to stay with you. It's obvious that she is with you only because she is afraid of you,' Henry flared up.

I felt agitated that two grown men were fighting over me. Both of them are equally haughty. Drake took threatening steps towards Henry making him back off a bit.

'I'm married to her. So, she is mine. And I will make sure you regret showing up here if you don't leave NOW' Drake roared warningly. The two tall men stared at each other eyes in anger.

'We will see about that, my friend', Henry muttered and slowly walked towards me. I felt uneasy when his eyes roamed over my body. He tried to kiss my hand, but Drake roughly yanked my arm away, making me slightly whimper.

Henry smiled, looking at Drake's eyes, which swirled with a crazy glint.

'Come, let's go to our kingdom guards', he commanded to his soldiers around him. With an evil smile, he left the hall with a last glance over to me.

That was terrifying.

I looked over at Drake, finding him stare at me grievously. I wonder what he was thinking at the moment. Perhaps he realised his mistakes? Oh, my demented thoughts. He is a murderous psychopath. He would never recognise his faults. I looked around at the alarmed courts men and women. They must have started spreading rumours about us. I felt people eyes judging every single one of my actions and words. It was overwhelming, so I tried to ignore them.

'Love, will you please accompany to the garden,' Drake asked with sorrow in his voice.

'Yes my lord', I replied talking his extended hand. He gripped my hand as if he was afraid of losing me and we slowly walked towards the garden in a nice silence.

'Let's sit over there', Drake spoke, pointing towards a seat near the garden fountain. I nodded and followed him. He sat down on the bench and pulled me onto his lap. I didn't hesitate since I know he was in pain. He hugged me tightly and snuggled his head into my neck. He took a deep breath and let it out.

'You are my world, Elizabeth', he whispered and started sobbing against my hair. His muffled cry made my heartache. Despite my anger towards him, I also feel penitence for him. He is lost...Half of the time; he can't control his anger and other emotions. He needs support always from me or others. I slowly stood up, making him involuntarily hold me tighter.

'I'm not going anywhere', I said assuring. He stared into my eyes to examine if I was lying. When he realised I wasn't, he let my arm go. I turned towards him and sat on his lap. He looked at me in shock. Honestly, I was surprised by my actions as well. I hugged him tightly and mumbled, 'Stop worrying so much. It's bad for you, my king.'