Chapter 54

Drake picked me up from our bath and kissed me passionately. I kissed him back too, as a thank you for today. He put me on the ground and dried me. He is such a pleasant person when he is not stressed. I need to keep him happy for me to be happy. Eventually I might even convince him to see a doctor; who knows, right? He definitely needs medical treatment. Maybe I should start asking about his day. In that way, he could vent out and I could help him. Without second thought I asked, 'How was your day today my king?'

He looked at me smiling and picked me up, making me squeal. Drake kissed me all over my face, making me giggled. He dropped me on the bed and sat next to me. With a smile he spoke, 'That is very nice of you, my queen. Today has been less stressful than usual. I was mostly in my office today, checking the taxes from the citizens. Then... I honestly don't remember'. He whispered the last part, making me giggle.

'What did you have for lunch?' I asked curiously. 'I... um. Forgot', he looked embarrassed. 'You have a terrible memory. Is that a grey hair?', I teased, pointing towards his head. He quickly got off the bed and sprinted to the mirror.

'NOO... Where?' he asked in between furiously searching for it. I laughed at him; he is such a baby. 'I was joking', I said, earning an angry glare from him.

'Oh, I see. Someone's naughty today', he teased me back and flipped me on the bed. He slapped my bottom, laughing. 'Ouch, No. I bet you don't want to face the wrath of the mighty Elizabeth', I shouted at him, making him burst into laughter.

'What will you do, huh?' he challenged me with a wide grin. I raised my eyebrows and asked, 'You sure you are brave enough to provoke me?'

He smiled and pulled my naked body into his lap. 'I'm sure', he whispered in my ear.

'Close your eyes', I muttered with a wide smile. Drake closed his eyes and smirked. I stretched my fingers as a pre-exercise and started tickling him. I didn't know he was so ticklish. He was rolling around on the bed. I laughed manically at the only chance I get to be evil to him. 'Stoppp', he begged in between his laughter.

'Oh, is the great powerful king begging?' I teased while tickling him more, making his eyes water. 'Pleaseee... haha. I can't Emma, pleasee', he pleaded more. Me being so kind decided to let him go at last. As soon as I stopped, he stood up from the bed laughing and whispered, 'and you call me monster?'

I laughed at his comment and followed him to our closet. 'Which dress for our dinner, my queen?' he asked, bowing. I smiled at him and pointed towards a light bluish grey dress, 'that'.

He leaned to get the dress and may I remind you we both are naked. Usually I would turn away since I get shy; but this time, I looked. And oh lord, he has a good butt. Stop being a creep; I quickly turned my head away before he could see.

'There you go', he mumbled while handing over the dress. 'Thank you', I quickly said and walked away to the mirror.

In a few minutes, I got ready. I looked at my reflection. My hair doesn't look good, so I called him. 'DRAKEEE', he jumped from his bed and hurried over to me. 'Are you okay?', he asked, concerned. 'NO. Do my hair please', I pleaded. He glared at me with anger and joy at the same time. 'You scared me', he whispered while braiding my hair.

'I told you. I can be a beast sometimes', I said jokingly, making him laugh out. 'Stay still, princess', he mumbled. He called me princess again. I likeeeeee that. A bit; love that.

I stayed still, and he finished braiding my hair in few seconds. 'How did you learn to do that?' I asked, smiling. 'Um, let's go. We are late', he ignored me completely and pulled me off my seat. What was that? Maybe he liked some other girl before getting obsessed with me. Or does he have a sister? I don't think so. I shook my thoughts away and walked downstairs to the kitchen with Drake beside me.

As soon as he opened the door, I saw my family and my Nelly. She looks so beautiful. I ran over to them and gave them all a tight squeeze. Mama looked stunning too. I complemented both my girls, 'god, you both look dazzling'. They laughed and said a quick 'thank you'. I looked over to my papa and brother. They both looked so handsome. Their hair was combed, and they wore a tie. 'Aw. You guys look awesome', I complemented them and hugged them too.

Queen Mary and Xavier walked in to the kitchen after a few minutes. Xavier looked good. He smirked when he caught me staring at him. I nodded my head from side to side.

'Come on. I'm hungry everyone', Drake said out loud. Queen Mary laughed and politely spoke, 'yes, let's start'. We all sat around the enormous table with a variety of delicious food. My mouth watered at the sight of them. I looked over to my brother, finding him copying my expression. I could say he couldn't wait to dig in.

'Hey,' Drake whispered in my ear. 'What?' I whispered back. 'Where is my compliment?' he asked, acting hurt. 'Aww. My husband is the best looking man on the planet. I didn't want to disrespect you by complementing,' I teased with a grin. He smirked and leaned in. 'You look beautiful like always, milady,' he whispered and kissed my cheek.

I looked down blushing and started munching on my steak. There was very less conversation while eating. Mostly they talked about ''passing the chips around the table''.

After we all finished up; Drake clinked his glass with a spoon to get attention. Everyone looked over to him. My papa looked a little angry at him still. It was a little cute. I understand why he is acting this way, however.

Drake looked over at everyone and smiled. 'I hope you all enjoyed the dinner', he spoke. 'Yess, I did', my little brother yelled out. We all joined him as yelled, 'YES WE DID'. Thomas giggled at this happily.

Drake spoke happily, 'I am happy to hear that. Now everyone; I have an announcement. As you know, the war went really well with only a minor loss in our part. Prince Brendan contributed a lot for our kingdom. So, as an appreciation, I will host a party day after tomorrow. And since Xavier is here; I thought it would be nice to um search for a future wife for him,' Everyone gasped at the last part. 'And to make it exciting; it will be a masked party,' Drake announced in joy.

Everyone cheered in excitement and happiness except Xavier. He stared at me with mixed emotions. Mainly, he looked... sad.

I stared back at him, trying to talk through my eyes. What is wrong I wonder? He was cheerful just a second ago. Does he not want to find a girl? Maybe he is just nervous.

'Right, my love?' Drake asked. Oh no, I wasn't listening. I panicked and looked around anxiously. He must have sensed this. But instead of getting angry, he giggled. 'Want me to repeat?' he smirked. I looked down embarrassed and whispered, 'Yes, please'.

'I was asking you whether you liked the masked theme, '

'Yes, I think it's a great idea, my king', I said with a smile, trying to hide my sadness.

'Okay love', he mumbled kissing me.

The rest of the dinner felt by quickly... I and Xavier would lock eyes from time to time, making us both flush and look away. Soon enough, we should our goodnights. With one last glance towards Xavier, me and Drake walked to our bedroom.

He opened the door for me and I walked in sleepily. My drowsy eyes were begging me for sleep. I slowly climbed on the bed after an eventful day. Drake took his shirt off and laid next to me. He pulled me closer just like every night and whispered, 'Goodnight beautiful. I love you...'

'Goodnight. I love you', I whispered the last part and fell into my slumber.