Chapter 73

The snow is getting wilder as well as the wind. I can barely see what's happening outside. And though we have proper heating in the carriage, it was still freezing.

So chilly, that I let Drake cuddle with me...

I know, I am still furious at his actions from last night, but I'm trying my best to forgive him and forget the night, yet learn from the incident.

The door suddenly burst open, and in came a guard covered in snow. I could see him trembling in cold and fright...?

Drake looked up at him and asked, 'what?' in an annoyed voice. It made my blood boil and hands beg to touch him, right in the face, HARD. But I controlled my temptation.

'My lord apologises for disturbing you. But the storm is getting worse. We all were wondering if we could take a break...?' the guard asked, hanging his head low in fear.

'No. Now get out', Drake spoke emotionless like the monster he is. My mouth hung open at how cruel he was, but realised I shouldn't be this surprised. This is normal.

'Yes, your highness', the guard mumbled sorrowfully and closed the door.

This is wrong. I feel sorry for the soldiers. Maybe I could beg Drake to go easy on them. But what if he gets violent and hurts me?

But think again, Emma... It's worth a try for those innocent people. They are not fully pure, since their eyes roam a little too much around my chest. Though I feel uncomfortable and disgusted at their actions, unlike Drake, I have humanity. I wouldn't want them to die...

'Drake, my king?' I called his name in the sweetest way, making him smile warmly at me.

'What is it, love?' he asked, pulling me closer towards his chest.

'Can I ask for something? Just a little request...'

'Yes, for sure. What does my princess want?'

'Well, I was thinking if we should give the guards a brief break. The storm is getting hea-'

'No Emma', he interrupted and looked at me in irritation. His mood swings till is confusing to me.

'Why not?' I enquired with a little rage and annoyance purely visible in my voice.

'Because we are almost at the place where we stay' he mumbled grumpily.

'Really, how far away Drake?'

'Godd Emma... A few kilometres away', he said and let out a frustrated sigh.

I now replaced the meek little girl with a snarky attitude, 'You beat me unconscious last night, Drake. You hurt me again despite your meaningless promises. The least you do to make up for your mistake is accepting just one of my requests'.

Drake pushed me off his chest roughly and stood up. He paced back and forth in front of me as he contemplated whether or not to listen to me. Grumpily, he opened our carriage door and yelled, 'STOPP'. The vehicle immediately went to a halt.

'WE ARE TAKING A BREAK TILL THE STORM CALMS DOWN', he yelled again, making a few guards thank him.

He turned around and closed the door, putting an end to the wild wind inside. 'Happy?' he asked, making me giggle and whisper, 'very happy'.

'Ughh you are so adorable. Come here...' he spoke with a grin while jumping onto the couch near me. He pulled me into a tight embrace and planted big wet kisses all over my face, making me giggle.

'Thank you', I spoke grinning.

'Anything for milady', he mumbled smiling making me lean in and kiss him gently on his lips.