Chapter 86

Before I could process anything, he leaned in and kissed me passionately on my lips.

Although I was a little angry at Drake for not telling me the truth yet, I kissed him back.

Within a few seconds, I was out of breath, so I pulled away. I attempted to sit up straight, which was prevented by Drake.

'Please, just lay down and rest my love', he whispered while striving to hide his sad emotions. His eyes held so much regret and sorrow, making my heart hurt.

I extended my hand out, which he held onto.

'Sit next to me', I pleaded with my raspy voice. He nodded his head yes and climbed up onto the bed.

I turned around slightly to face him. As soon as our eyes met, he looked away; like he was afraid to face me...

An awkward silence followed closely, making us both fidget nervously.

Finally, I decided to make the first move.

'Drake', I called out, making him pop his head up. I moved closer and sat down on his lap, wrapping my legs around his torso. I looked up to find him staring at me, amused, making me slightly smile. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

We both let out deep breaths that we didn't realize we held on in the first place.

Drake hugged me back and whispered, 'I'm sincerely sorry I hurt you'. As soon as he let out those words, he started sobbing. 

I squeezed him tightly and rubbed his back, hoping to soothe him out.

'Hey! Hey! It's okay. Please don't cry', I whispered back, making him cry out even more.

He mumbled something in between his sobs which I couldn't understand. I assured him that everything was okay a few more times, making him calm down just a little.

He pulled away and stared at me with his puffy brown eyes. 'You want to know the truth, my love?' he asked, making me nod my head 'yes'.

'The truth is... I am a monster! I was beyond cruel to you the entire time we were together, and I never changed. I took you away from everything you love, pushed you around for my pleasure, punished you when I was angry and hurt you, even when you begged me to stop! I gave you hell and made you cry to sleep almost every night! Heck, I made you wish for death! I was that cruel to you, Emma. Even when you were on the verge of death, I threatened you. I threatened you because I was insecure...'

'Insecure and terrified if I would lose you...'

'And I fucking kept pushing you to the edge till you...'

He paused for a moment, as if he was getting a flashback of something horrible. Tears screamed down his face while his lips quivered in sorrow. I pulled him back into a tight hug and whispered, 'I promise you I won't leave you. Don't worry, okay? What happened then?'

From watching him cry and in pain, tears scrolled down my face as well, which I quickly wiped away.

'Till you...'

'Till you attempted to suicide...', he mumbled, making me stare at him in shock! I tried to suicide!?!? Oh my god! Everything makes sense now! Now, I understand why I have a big scar on my neck, why I have trouble breathing, why I lost my memory and why Drake is always so guilty and sad...

I felt myself getting enraged that this man; my husband. Someone who was supposed to love me, cherish me and protect me was the one who almost killed me...

'You fell into a deep coma and I thought I lost you forever, Emma! I was Soo frightened. Every morning I would wake up wondering if that day was the last...'

'I would lose sleep at night and get terrible nightmares of your death. I would wake up at midnight to make sure you are alive. I couldn't concentrate on anything and wasn't capable of taking care of myself even, forget about the kingdom...'

'But thank god Xavier, my beloved brother, helped me. Without him, I wouldn't have passed all these months. He took care of most things and got me, um, mental help like you always wanted me to get...'

Drake smiled slightly as he interlocked our fingers. 'When you woke up, I was Soo damn happy... You know when something surprises you so much that it freezes you? Like you can't process anything and wouldn't know how to react? That's what happened to me. I was Soo happy that I just... 

Froze...'

He wiped away his tears and exhaled. 'So, yeah! That happened... You... um... was in a coma was over 6 months... When you woke up, you lost your memory... And now we are here. Now, you now know what happened.'

I stared at him, dumb folded as I endeavored to process everything. All I felt at the moment was pain and rage! Pain that all these unfortunate events occurred to me. Remorse that I went through all that pain. Rage that he hurt me so much and still decided to keep me with him!

I shoved him away with all my strength, making him stare at me, afraid.

'Emma?', he called out my name, making me ignore him and attempt to walk away. I slide down the bed and held onto my walking stick tightly.

Limping, I started to walk away, which was prevented by Drake. He jumped down from the bed and rushed to stop me. With teary eyes, he whispered, 'Where are you going?'

My demon emotions were on the surface as I glared at him. 'Where am I going? WHere AM I GOinG?', I shouted angrily.

'Leave me the fuck alone! I don't want to be near you... EVER!!!' I screamed with my hoarse voice and continued to limp my way out.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word 'ever'...

I am sorry Drake. I am just too angry at you at the moment...

'Please, you cannot leave... Pleaseee', he pleaded as he gripped onto my arm.

I pushed him away again and whispered, 'I need space. Do Not crowd mee'.

'No! You are staying with me', he commanded as he pulled away the walking stick from my grip. I immediately felt dizzy and like I weighted a ton. I grabbed onto his chest for support and looked up into his eyes which  felt so much fear, insecurity, and regret...

 I felt bad to leave him alone at this time, but I need a little time for myself. Just to think and accept my fate. 

Just a little time to breathe...

'I will be back in a little. Please give me back my walking stick,' I requested, making him grip onto to it harder.

Frustrated by his childish action, I decided to walk without it. I took a deep breath and started limping away; shifting my weight on random objects on my way to make sure I won't fall on my face.

'Please...' I heard him plead again, which I again ignored.

'What about your promise? You promised me you would never leave my side,' he argued, making me exasperate.

'For fucks Drake, I will be back! Just GIVE ME cOUPLE MinUTES!', I screamed as tears screamed down my face. This is too much...

I could feel myself getting a little light-headed. Don't faint Emma, you got this. Just breath in and out. In and out. Just keep breathing...

Just as I reached the door, I heard Drake let out giant heart-wrenching sobs, making me feel guilty about my actions...

'I lo-love yo-uu Emma and I know you love me back', he cried out, making more tears fall down my cheeks... 

Because it is true...

I do love him...

But, it feels like it wasn't genuine love that we had Drake...

It feels like it was forced love...