Chapter 77

Time flew so fast... The week at my home village passed quickly. I spent every ounce of minutes with all my relatives and friends. Playing games, catching up on our conversation and wandering around in the snow filled forests felt like home.

It was hard to say goodbye to all my favourite people. Though Drake granted me permission to visit my village whenever, I still felt sorrowful to leave.

After lots of crying and tight embraces, Drake pulled me away from them.

Our travelling back to the kingdom was trouble less. There were no storms or any unpleasant incidents.

I looked out the window to find the gothic castle. A place that brought me tremendous amounts of terror and the slightest bit of happiness from rare happy moments.

'We are home', whispered Drake after kissing my forehead lovingly. I pulled away from his tight hug and sat upright. I am not sure if I consider this palace as my home, but I have to realise that I would be living here till my death. I looked down at my hand, noticing my wedding ring. One that made me...

his...

'What's wrong, love?' Drake enquired, pulling me out of my thoughts. He scooted towards me and pulled me back onto his lap.

I let out a small sigh and mumbled, 'Nothing...'

'Are you sure, my princess?' he asked, making me lie. 'Yes Drake'.

I could tell he doesn't believe my words by his intense stare. To avoid questions and conversations, I quickly spoke, 'Let's go then'.

I pulled away and stood up, adjusting my dress. Drake copied my actions and adjusted himself.

After he dressed me and himself up with a warm coat, he opened the door. Chilly wind flooded our carriage in mere seconds. I shivered slightly, making Drake pull me towards him. He shared his large coat with me and ushered me to the palace.

As soon as I entered, my tense muscles relaxed. The warmth inside made me feel safe and cosy.

I took off my coats and looked around the palace. I'm back here. A place I never wish to live but am forced.

I shook off my sadness and whispered, 'Let's go to our room. I'm tired'.

'Um, you go, my love. I have a few works to look after', Drake spoke scratching his neck. I turned around to face him, to find him nervous. He must hide something...

But, I'm too exhausted to enquire.

'Okay', I mumbled and started to walk off; which was prevented by his muscular arms wrapped around my waist. He pulled me towards his chest and gave me a little squeeze.

'What?' I asked, irritated.

'Come on... Give me a little kiss my love', he pleaded, making a small smile appear upon my lips. My cheeks started heating up. Noo, please don't blush, Emma. But no, she didn't listen to me. I looked up to find him smirking, enjoying making me feel shy. I nodded my head from side to side mockingly, making him chuckle and lean in.

He placed soft kisses along my neck and stopped. I stared at him, confused of why he stopped.

'I demand a little kiss for myself now', he spoke smirking, making me giggle and pull him closer for a soft kiss.

'Happy?' I asked, pulling away.

'Ecstatic', he replied with an enormous smile. Aww... SO adorable. So adorable that it made me kiss him again. It's not my fault. It's his fault. All his fault hehe...