Chapter 58

He smiled widely and spoke, 'You are so cute'.

I looked down embarrassed at the fact that I was getting jealous. Drake must have noticed this. I sometimes hate my mixed love-hate feelings for him. I looked up at him finding him smiling at me admiringly. This idiot, he can be very cute.

Instead of falling further for his charm, I tried to put on a tough face but failed as a slight smile escaped my lips. Walking away, I followed a grumpy Mia to look at the variety of clothes for the ball. And god, they were so gorgeous. My mouth hung open as I went through all the beautiful dresses. There were many gowns available with different colours and fabric. While looking around astounded, I heard Drake's footsteps following. I turned around to find Drake smiling down at me in joy. His eyes shined with admiration.

'What?' I teased with a smirk upon my lips. He chuckled lightly and pulled me towards his chest. I was thinking about pushing him away until I felt envious stare from Mia. So, I decided to play a little game. Oh, I don't think she will like this, I thought wickedly.

I grinned at Drake widely and slowly kissed him on his soft lips. His hands involuntarily cupped my face and pulled me closer. It felt nice... For the first time, my hands traced his muscular abs through his shirt consciously. Surprised by my action, I felt his breath becoming uneven and he froze under my touch. Slowly, I pulled his hands from my face and placed them on my waist making him pull me closer.

It was a little frightening when I felt Drake getting excited. I didn't want to push him too far that he forces himself on me. My intention was purely to bring jealously for Mia. So, I decided to stop the tease...

I slowly pulled away from his firm grip on my waist and walked off. I giggled when a frustrated groan left his lips. But I ignored it and casually started inspecting all the dresses.

A huge smirk was plastered across my face when I felt amused gaze from Drake and Mia. Honestly, I am surprised by my own actions. One lustful part of me is craving for more of him, but I pushed it aside far down.

'Um Mia, continue your work. Show us more', I spoke with a smile playing on my lips. She gawked at me with hatred and annoyance clearly visible and then walked off to get more clothes. I'm not being too impolite, right? I might have got a little angry at her flirting with my man. Whoa hold on, my man? No, no. He's not my man. No. No. I don't care about him. No please, I don't care. Keep chanting that Emma, I instructed myself in my head.

I was pulled out from my mantra by Drake's warm breath against my neck. My body shivered when I felt his fingers trace along my back. With increased heart beats, I turned around locking my eyes with him.

'I love you Emma', he whispered with a loving voice.

I could see that he does. It was some kind of twisted form of love... And I knew that I too feel the same way for this crazy man which is my husband. Gulping down my spit, I whispered back the truth, 'I love you... Drake'

We both stared at each other for a few seconds. But, our moment was interrupted by Mia's 'ahem'.

We both turned our heads towards her to find her carrying a pile of beautiful clothes. It looked more like costumes when I saw wings attached to the dresses.

'Oh, I forgot to tell you love. Tonight's ball is a little like a costume party. It could be like "Romeo and Juliet"', Drake spoke with a slight smile.

Now I understand everything better. I wonder what I and he will dress as. I could guess what my costume is, but I still decided to inquire. Curiously, I turned around and asked, 'What are we dressing as?'