Chapter 85

I looked up at Drake, searching for an answer from his eyes. It held so much pain, regret, and fear. I hate pushing him, but it's been more than a week, and I still have no clue why I was in a coma with a broken neck.

A single tear rolled down his cheek, making my heart break in two. I hate making him sad, but I really think it's time I learn the truth. Leaning in, I cupped his handsome face and whispered, 'I promise I will not get mad. I promise I won't hate you. And Drake, I promise I won't leave you'.

He pulled away from my hands and stood up, sighing.

'Emma, I wish I could tell you. But if it's not the right time, I could lose you again.'

'It is the right time, Drake. Why don't you trust me? I promised you...' I argued back.

'Trust? No amount of trust is enough for this.'

What is this unspeakable sin he did to me? He seems so sure I would hate him and leave him.

'Why is no amount of trust enough, Drake?' I asked, looking up at him.

My heart started racing when his form changed. Suddenly I noticed a crazy glint in his eyes, giving off a cruel aura. He lowered himself to my eye level and spoke. 'I hurt you more than you could imagine. And I secretly enjoyed some of those moments'.

I gulped down when I processed his words. Dread coursed through my veins as felt his hands creep up towards my neck.

'You want to know more?' he asked, while staring into my soul. I felt a sudden similarity in his voice. A weird familiar fear...

Though my gut feelings begged me to stop, I decided to ignore her cries.

'Yes. More please', I spoke out bravely. At least, I tried to. To my distaste, my voice came out frightened and soft.

'I used to enjoy wrapping my fingers around your throat. Just like this...' his menacing voice boomed while I struggled to push him off me.

Tears screamed down my face when I realised I was no match for his firm muscles. I felt an excoriating pain in my throat when his hand squeezed the weird scar I had there. 

I have always wondered how I got it and why it was so painful to touch. Maybe my husband would kill me before I find out the truth. 

The life in me started to drain as the fear in me increased to high levels. When his grip tightened even more, I let out a painful scream.

'Oh, my god! Emma, are you okay?' Drake asked, while still squeezing the life out of my weak body.

'NO!No no no nooo... I hurt you', he repeated while letting go his grip. My aching lungs greedily sucked air in as I adjusted my blurry vision to normal.

As soon as I saw Drake, my body visibly started shaking in fear.

'Emma. I'm sorry. I am sooo sorry. I didn't mean to. I am sorry,' he whispered, while trying to move closer to me.

Frightened and confused by his actions, I cowered back in fright, making his scream, 'NOOOOOO! Fucking HELLLLLL!!! I can't DO ONE THING RIGHTTTTT!'

I stared at him bewildered. What the hell just happened? It was like he flipped into another person...

'GUARDS, TAKE her to Heath please', he roared at a scared group of grown men.

The guards walked towards me expecting me to somewhat fight but I remained seated looking dumb folded.

'Um... Queen... Can I show you the way?' one asked, making me nod my head yes.

I gripped onto my walking stick and started limping my way behind the guards. I felt a little dejected when none of them helped me walk, but I quickly shook off the feelings.

Just when I was about to climb the stairs, I felt a pair of powerful arms picking me up. I let go of my walking stick and gripped onto Drake's arms tightly.

'I'm soo sorry', he whispered right before my heavy eyes lids gave up on me.

.........................

I opened my eyes to find Drake sobbing in a chair and Dr. Heath trying to calm him down.

'I hurt her again', he spoke sounding heartbroken. As much as I wanted to go and help Drake, my mind said otherwise.

I quickly closed my eyes shut as I closely eavesdropped on their conversation.

'Heath, you don't get it. I really tried to calm myself down, but I simply couldn't. It was as if someone else took over my body. It frightened me Soo much. I don't know what is wrong with me,' Drake whimpered as Heath started filling up a glass of water for him.

'Like I said, majesty, you improved way more than you think. You didn't hurt her for over a week. I saw you. I saw the love you have for her. It truly warmed my heart when I caught you being such a sweet gentleman for her.'

'Please quit blaming yourself, my king. I am proud of you. Please calm yourself down. Take a few deep breaths and drink water,' she spoke soothingly while rubbing his back.

I heard him taking in deep breaths and gulping down water quickly.

So far from what I know...

My coma was NOT because of a normal accident.

Something very terrible must have happened to me...

And I am afraid Drake has a huge role in it...

'Emma', I heard him whisper, making me a little tense.

'Yes, she is okay. She hyperventilated, causing her to faint. She will wake up in a couple of minutes. But yes, try not to choke her again.'

'Yes. I am sorry. Thank you Heath', Drake mumbled after exhaling.

'No problem. Before I leave; one last request. Try your level best to handle her calm. She has gone through enough and if you are not careful... It's safe to assume we don't want to find out.'

'Okayyy. Got it...'

'See you at 6 your highness', she spoke as she walked away from the room.

When I heard the door close, I opened my eyes a little to find Drake massaging his temples. His forehead was wrinkled in distress and regret.

I cleared my throat a little, gaining Drake's attention immediately.

'Emma! You are awake', he spoke as he moved close to me.

Before I could process anything, he leaned in and kissed me passionately on my lips.

..........................................................................

Hope you all liked this chapter.

Love you all :D