Alternative Ending (SkyZero Requested)

(A/N: Alternative Scene!

I know it's really late but I decided to just do an alternate scene in which SkyZero happens.

This takes place during the chapter called "Reunion" and goes off from there. It's kind of a long chapter.)
------

Ty's PoV

"I'm guessing Jason filled you in on everything?" Mitch asked. Jerome nodded. "Yeah. I hate to cut the reunion short, Ty, but I personally want to get the hell out of here." Jerome said.

I chuckled a bit. "You're telling me. Try being stuck in here for a few days. Not fun." I said. "So... who knows the way out?"

::More Skittle Time Skip::

Our heads breached the surface right on time. I took a huge gulp of fresh air. The potion was starting to wear off. I saw everyone else's heads pop out of the water.

"Everyone here? Good." Mitch said, swimming back to shore. Once we were all there, I looked around. "Man, I never thought I'd miss land so much." I sighed.

Jason fell to his knees in the sand, collecting handfuls and letting the grains slip through his fingers. "Earrrrrth." He groaned over dramatically.

I wadded out of the water and shook him. "We can make sand castles later! Let's go." I told him.

Jason nodded, taking a deep breath. My eyes set forwards, rage burning brightly. "Sky... I'm coming."

I knew the base was only a few chunks away. If we hurry, we can be there by nightfall, which wasn't too far from now.

But as soon as my feet took off in the sand, I felt something constrict my ankle. I gasped, falling straight to the ground. I managed to get a mouthful of sand, which I spit up right away.

I turned to see what tripped me. What I saw was a large, dark blue tentacle still holding on tight. I tried to kick it off in vain. "Let go! Let go!" I thrashed.

I felt Jerome and Jason try to yank me free as Mitch tried to pry the tendril loose with his sword. When that proved to be too difficult, Mitch raised the sword, ready to slash the flesh. He never got the chance.

Another tendril shot out, along with a head. It was one of those poisonous squids. Since it was larger than normal squids, it could reach us even from here.

The extra tentacle wrapped around Mitch's wrist, immediately dragging him into the water. The sword was dropped into the sand. "Mitch!" Jerome gasped.

I gave a yelp as the grip tightened, threatening to break a bone. This squid just wasn't going to give up, will it?

The stupid squid let out a ear splitting shriek when Jerome sunk his teeth into the squishy limb.

One eye closed in strain as I looked at the monstrous creature. It roared in anger. "Stupid squid isn't going to stop me!" I shouted. I wasn't going to give up!
------

Sky's PoV

I leaned my head on Sub's shoulder, breathing in the scent as I closed my eyes. 'He smells like pop tarts.' I jokingly thought.

I was so tired of having to go to these meetings to try to make up for losses our army suffered. I just wanted to take a break. Just for a while.

"Sky, are you paying attention?" A voice asked.

I guess that break won't come. I opened my eyes back up to see Seto facing me. An annoyed expression on his face. "We're you even listening?"

"Uhhhh..." I drew out. "Yes?"