chapter 35

NOT EDITED

***Landon's Point of View***

"I can turn you back into a human." This girl announced. My jaw dropped along with everyone else in the circle. "How?" I asked gruffly, not willing to let her get Allison's hopes up and then not accomplish what she is promising. She winced at my tone and her eyes showed pain for some reason. My tone wasn't overly rude or anything. Maybe a little harsh if anything. What was her name again? I think it was Caroline. She recovered quickly and turned her gaze to blankness. "Yes, how?" the guy with her asked. I got the impression that they might be together and for some reason that made me angry. I don't even know who she is and for some reason I am jealous of a guy being with her?

"Well, I can do a lot of weird things and it's really hard to explain." She said vaguely. I narrowed my eyes at her taking in her appearance. She was pretty, but anyone can be pretty. She seems so familiar, but I can't figure out how I know her. I do know however that I will not let her get Allison's hopes up. "You can't just say you can do something this big and then not explain it." I told her while I stepped closer to Allison and she walked into my arms. "Just give her chance, Landon." Allison said softly while hugging me. I nod once and wait for Caroline to explain herself. "William, I'm going to show them." She said softly to him. He nodded and she stepped away from him and came farther out from the bushes. "Don't panic." She muttered and then before I knew what was happening wings were erupting from her shoulder blades. I jumped back in shock and pulled Allison with me.

***Caroline's Point of View***

This was the moment of truth. I know I have to show them, but I don't know how they are going to react my wings. I don't know if I can handle a bad reaction from Landon. He is still Landon though. He is still kind and compassionate. He wouldn't judge someone he doesn't know. I released my wings and opened my eyes to see a gut wrenching site of Landon backing away from me in fear. He was trying to pull Allison with him, but she wasn't moving. "They're beautiful." Allison said under her breath. I smiled at her statement, but was stopped when Landon responded. "Beautiful!? Allison look at them! They are black and black does not mean good! She some kind of demon!" he exclaimed while trying to force her behind him. Each word he said was like a stab in my already broken heart. William growled lowly at him and pulled me into his embrace. I burrowed my head into his chest and let his shirt soak up the tears as they poured down. "I would not bring a demon to my mate!" Brandon cried out. "I wouldn't put her in that danger. Caroline is my friend and she just wants to help. She is good. God she is good. You don't know what all she has done for you both already. I kept my head burrowed, but I felt a soft hand touch shoulder and looked just enough to see a curious Allison examining my wings. "You can touch them if you would like." I croaked out. "Allison, get away from her!" Landon demanded. "Shove it." She muttered while softly stroking my right wing.

I held in a laugh as Landon scowled toward us. "I promise you Allison, I would never hurt you by bringing you someone who could." Brandon defended once again. Allison smiled sweetly at him and vamp sped over to him. "I know." She giggled out watching his shock from her fast movement. She leaned in a pecked his lips quickly and both of their cheeks turned a bright red. "Hey-" Landon went to protest the kiss, but then Allison went rigid and fell towards the ground. Brandon caught her and gently placed her head in his lap. "Allison!" he cried out while rubbing her cheek softly. Landon was kneeled by her in an instant and was shaking her trying to get her to wake up. I didn't even have time to get over to her when she shot up from Brandon's lap. She was gasping for breath and was looking around in confusion.

"I don't understand." She muttered. She looked up and made eye contact with me and I knew what was happening. "Caroline." She whispered. She was clinging to my chest before I even knew she had moved. "How could you send us away!" she sobbed out. Her whole body was shaking and soon she was sobbing so hard we couldn't really make out what she was saying. "What the crap is going on here!?" Landon demanded.

Allison looked up at him and looked to me. "You have to tell him." She whispered.

***Landon's Point of View***

"Tell me what?" I demanded. "What's going on? Are you ok, Allison? Get away from my sister!" Nobody was replying to any of my questions and I couldn't pry Allison out of Caroline's grasp. William was standing protectively over the two girls and Brandon was sitting close enough to hold onto Allison's hand. "Do it." Allison urged Caroline. "He will understand. Just do it!" Allison persisted while scooting away from Caroline and snuggling up to a content looking Brandon. Caroline stood shakily and made her way over to me. I was on guard and ready for any attack she was planning. What I wasn't planning for was for her to kiss me. What the crap?! It was instinct. I shoved her back with all the force I could muster. She stumbled back, but before she could fall William caught her and helped her to her feet. "Don't touch me again!" I spat wiping my mouth as if her lips had left some poison on them.

"Get up, Allison we are leaving." I ordered while ignoring Caroline's theatrics. She was crying and did an impressive job of looking the part of a heart broken damsel, but she has no reason to be one. We have only known each other for not even an hour and she tries to kiss me. "I don't know what kind of sick game you are playing, but I want no part of it." I explained down on Caroline. "I am staying with them." Allison announced glaring at me. "Allison, we are going. They have obviously done some kind of weird spell or something. Whatever you think you remember isn't real." I exclaimed, trying to get her to understand. "You don't understand what is going on." She began, but I cut her off. "You will do as I say and come-" "No! You listen to me, Landon! These people they are more than just strangers! They are our family! You just don't remember yet, but you will. We will find a way for you to remember." Allison cried out. "Caroline, she loves you and you love her." She finished after an encouraging look from her mate. I took in the facial expressions of all the people in our circle and burst into laughter. I hadn't laughed this hard in ages and I had tears threatening from leaking out of my eyes. I was trying to compose myself when suddenly I didn't have to worry about it. I was shoved against a tree and William had a hand around my throat.

"You will not disrespect Caroline. You do not know what she has gone through to find you and Allison!" he roared while pressing me harder into the tree. He wasn't cutting off my air supply completely, but I was not fixing to accept this treatment from some vamp. I tried to shove him of, but of course I couldn't because of his stupid vamp strength. "William! Let him go!" I heard a frightened Allison begging. William didn't budge at first, but when Allison tried to get in between us he backed off. I slid to the ground and caught my breath while Allison knelt down and was rubbing my back. Brandon was where he had been before seeming calm while watching Allison. I noticed Caroline was on the ground muttering something over and over again. "He doesn't remember...he doesn't remember...he doesn't remember".

**Please don't kill me for not updating for 17 days!! I have had a lot going on and really it's just kinda personal, but hey heres an update! So tell me what you think about the update??? Comment and Vote if you liked it!!**

Booknerd1203