Chapter 32

***NOT EDITED***

*** Caroline's Point of View***

My father and I have spent the last two day's scouting the woods for any trace of Landon and Allison. I had hoped they would have left some kind of trail, but I should have known better. Landon is too skilled to leave a trail of any kind. Kale, Brandon and William were on vamp blood duty. They had surprisingly done very well. We knew we couldn't just go straight to the surrounding villages to get some vamps. That would be too noticeable. So Kale, Brandon and William went to some of the out skirts and got the drunkards from the bars. Apparently it is pretty common for drunk vamps to go off for weeks at a time. They go to other villages in hopes to find new blood slaves and more alcohol. In total they got twenty vamps and nobody had any idea. I wasn't allowed to help in the vamp duty because William, my father and surprisingly Kale were adamant about me not being involved in any violence till we find Landon. I expected it from William and my father. My father because he has always been overprotective. William, because without either of us even realizing it we have formed a close friendship since we have gotten to the village. Kale, however, was a whole other story. I know he is my so called mother's mate, but I didn't think that he would care very much about my safety. It was a welcome surprise.

My father and I returned to the village the same time that Kale was trying to calm down Brandon. Tonight is the night that he will go to sleep and wake up knowing who his mate is. He has been extremely helpful in last minute plans and I am impressed that he is just now starting to squirm with excitement. "For the last time Brandon, when you wake up you smell her scent and then her name will just pop into your mind." Kale explained while trying to act annoyed, but I could see the excitement in his eyes as well. "I cannot wait, I bet she will be beautiful. Even if she isn't that's ok because I don't care about what she looks like. I just want her here so I can protect her. I just want her to be mine." He rambled on causing me to chuckle as we came up to them. "Your mate will be a very lucky lady." I assured him with a smile. "No luck?" William asked me and I just shook my head not willing to voice that we can't find him. "We will find him." Brandon voiced. "You just worry about your mate." I encouraged him. "I'm going to head to bed." I announced not giving anyone any time to argue with me.

I just want to find Landon and Allison. The stupid non rhyming prophecy says that Allison is the one to reunite us. What does that even mean? How can she reunite us when she is with Landon and has no idea of the prophecy? I just want them both back. What else can I do?

***Brandon's Point of View***

That smell...such a good...no amazing smell. I try to force my eyes open once I realize what I am smelling, but my nose is too busy taking in this scent. It's like this unbelievable aroma is snaking its way into my nostrils and holding my brain captive. I don't ever want to stop smelling it. "Allison." Nathanial says to me. "Allison?" I ask stupidly while taking in my mates intoxicating scent. "Find Allison. She is our mate. Go to mate. Find mate. Find Allison." Nathanial begged. I launched myself out of bed realizing that my mates name is Allison. That's the name of Caroline's sister isn't it? I ask myself while I throw on a clean shirt and pants. I want to look my best for my mate. Her scent is so strong she must be close by. Maybe it is a different scent. I practically run out of my tent and follow my mates scent. It leads towards a cluster of tents and I don't even hesitate to barge into the tent my nose is leading me to. Nathanial is urging me onwards and whining in anticipation. I take in what I am seeing and a frightened Ellie is cowering behind William who looks about ready to attack me. He must notice it's me because he shakes off his defensive stance. "What are you doing?" he demands while pulls Ellie into his sides and rubs her back. "My mate. Her scent is so strong here?" sounding like a question. "I don't understand. Allison should be here." When I said Allison William's eye brows shot up and Ellie gasped. "This used to be Allison and Caroline's tent." She explains while I see the excitement on her face. "We need to find Caroline. Now." William demands. While grabbing my arm dragging me behind him. "But, my mate?" I whine trying to go back to her scent.