chapter 40

**NOT EDITED**

***Brandon's Point of View***

Ever since Caroline changed Allison back to a human my wolf, Nathaniel, has been on edge. Her scent has changed somehow. She is still my mate and I am still drawn to her and that will never change. "Her scent seems more pure. I loved her before vampire or not, but now it's her scent is more natural. While being a vampire her scent was amplified, lovely and amazing, but much more amplified. It's almost like being changed into a vampire made the power of her scent double, but since she was born human the more natural scent is what she was meant to have." Nathaniel explains his opinion. It makes sense. He and I both just want to spend some time with our mate and get accustomed to her as a human. Thankfully Allison understands and is willing to stay close to me for the time being. After the shock of discovering that the vampires are now humans we decided to get some food and try to form some kind of plan. Allison went to sit in the chair next to me, but I quickly grabbed her and set her on my lap. I was given a huff in return to my surprise attack, but she didn't try to move away. Craig and Kale sat on the ends of the table while Elizabeth and William sat opposite of us and Daniel and Landon sat on either sides of Allison and I.

Landon had not spoken since we returned. He didn't come out to the tree line when we first arrived, but decided to wait in the planning tent. I think back on the conversation Kale and I had while we were getting the food for dinner.

Flash back:

Allison was trailing a few feet behind Kale and I while we made our way to the food tents. "So you found your mate and we haven't had time to really talk about what this means for the pack." I knew Kale would bring this up eventually. "I know it's only been a few days and with Caroline going crazy we haven't had a lot of time to discuss anything, but I figured it would be best just to tell you. I don't want you to take over as head warrior." His words made my stomach drop to my feet. Had I done something wrong? He must have seen my facial expression because he laughed causing my anger to flare slightly. "Branny, I don't want you to be head warrior because I want you to be the one I pass down my title of Alpha too." I couldn't even process what he was saying before a loud squeal from behind us brought us both to a stop. I whipped around to find a blushing Allison. "Sorry...I wasn't meaning to listen in on a private conversation...I just happened to hear it." She explained in one breath. Kale laughed first causing her to blush even more.

"Its fine, Second Luna." Kale assured her. Her nose scrunched up in confusion when he addressed her as such. "Since I will be the next Alpha I will be referred to as Second Alpha and since you are my mate you will be referred to as Second Luna. When the titles are passed down onto us we will just be Luna and Alpha." I explained earning a nod from Kale. "Well should we address you as Alpha then?" she asked curiously. "In a more formal setting that would be required, but when it is just us it is not a requirement. Don't worry Brandon will not be the only one being trained to take his new title." Kale assured her.

Present Time:

"Still thinking about being Alpha Second now?" Allison's whisper jars me from my thoughts. "Yeah. It's a big deal." I whisper back. "Well I believe in you." I smile gratefully at my sweet mate. "How long will we train before we take our titles?" she asks after swiping my roll of my plate. I frown and go to steal it back, but she pouts and I just can't take it back from her. "We won't take the titles till I am 21." I answer her while watching her eat my roll. "Five years! Well that's plenty of time for us to train and be comfortable taking on the titles." I nod in agreement.

"So we have to figure out a way to get Caroline under control." Craig announces causing everyone to drop the conversations they were having. "She can't be that powerful she has to have a weakness." Landon says, surprising everyone since he hasn't spoken much since Caroline left. "She is becoming more and more powerful as we speak. We have no way of knowing how powerful she can ultimately become." William agreed. "She didn't show any kind of remorse when she killed all those vampires in the palace and the teenagers in the woods. How can we find her weakness if she doesn't care about anything?" Allison asked. "Allison I don't want you involved in this." He father began. "You are so young and have already been through so much. Let us handle this." His tone wasn't condescending, rather it was pleading. She stiffened while he spoke and I thought she was going to start crying, but my little mate surprised me. She straightened herself on my lap and looked her father directly in the eyes. "I am not just some fourteen year old clueless child anymore, Dad. I am the Second Luna of Kale and Brandon's pack. I will take over as Luna when Brandon turns twenty one. If you won't let me help as your daughter, then I will help as the Second Luna of the pack you are asking to help you." Her voice was strong and sure, but when she finished she shot a questioning look towards Kale. "She is right." Kale agreed. "Her training has already started and if you do not accept her help then our pack will leave." His announcement left Craig and Daniel stunned.

"Now then, as I was saying. How can we find the weakness for someone who doesn't care?" she questioned again daring her father or anyone else to question her being here. "Well your mate sure did put them in their place." Kale laughed through the mind link. "She sure did." I replied back reveling in the leadership she showed. "She's going to be an amazing Luna." Nathanial thought and I could hear the smugness in his voice.

***Kale's Point of View***

I had decided before Brandon even found his mate that he was going to take over as Alpha when I stepped down. He has all the qualities that a good Alpha would need and I am now more confident than ever that Allison will be a wonderful Luna. My only worry is that for Allison's training she will have to spend a lot of her time with Christine, her mother. Since Christine is the current Luna it is her job to train the Second Luna. "Christine?" I search for her through the mind link. "Yes?" her replies have been short and distant ever since I sent her away when Caroline demanded it. Even when I go to her every evening she is distant and is obviously angry with me. "I know you are angry with me, but I need you to come to the planning tent." I try not to let any of my aggravation leak into my tone of voice. My wolf wants his mate back and for her to be happy. "Of course. Whatever you need mate." I didn't miss the heavy amount of sarcasm in her voice. "Thank you, love." I wasn't expecting a response, but I got one. "I'm assuming you are going to have me tell Allison that I will be the one training her. How kind of you." Well at least it was a two sentence reply instead of just a few words.

*****So its not as long as usual, but I am really working on updating more regularly and I updated just yesterday. Vote and comment if you like it!!!****

Booknerd1203