chapter 37

NOT EDITED

***William's Point of View***

"HELP ME!!!!" the desperate plea for help paused all of us to freeze. A girl broke through the tree line and was in hysterics as she tripped and hit the ground. Brandon put himself in front of Allison which caused her to roll her eyes, but have a satisfied smile as well. I gently placed Ellie on my seat and met the girl where she had fallen. I could easily tell she wasn't a threat and recognized her as one of the girls who routinely help with cooking. "What's wrong?" I ask her in soothing voice not wanting to frighten her more than she already is. "She killed them....she killed them all...she didn't even care...they're gone....they're gone..." she choked out between sobs. Everyone had slowly approached and were trying to decipher what the girl was talking about. "Who is them? Who killed them? You are safe with us." I told her while lowering myself to the ground so we were on the same level. "My friends. My three best friends. We grew up together. We have done everything together and she just killed them." She whispered. I made eye contact with Ellie and she looked just as confused as I was. There had never been any trouble with anyone killing anybody else in the village.

"I'm sorry about your friends." I started and she looked up and finally made eye contact with me. "I know you must be scared right now, but I need you to tell me who killed them. Did you recognize her?" I asked keeping my tone gentle and soft. She nodded once, but looked hesitant to tell us. Her eyes kept flashing between Daniel, Allison and Landon, Caroline's father, who had just reunited with Allison, and landing back on me. Allison kept trying to get close to the girl and she huffed in annoyance after repeatedly trying to slip around her father and Brandon. "You can tell us. We can protect you." I assured her. "It was Caroline." She confessed leaving us all in complete and utter shock.

***Caroline's Point of View***

I hadn't been flying very long when I could see the small villages that bordered the more populated villages that were right outside of the Castle gates. It wouldn't be long till I could finally get rid of this pesky king and solve all my problems at once. The closer I got to the castle the more vampires started to notice me flying through the air. Of course the leeches were confused and started panicking. Idiots I tell you. How they managed to keep their rule for so long is mind blowing to me. I easily evaded the arrows they tried to shoot at me and could hear their agitated curses. Really they think they can take me down with an arrow. How cute. The castle is below me and I hover over it trying to decide where the king is right now. I don't waste much time and decide to just go straight through to the throne room. I glide towards the roof and soar higher into the sky to stop and turn downwards aiming for the middle of the throne room. As the roof approaches I wrap my body in my wings and painlessly crash through the roof and land gracefully on my feet to see a grim looking vampire king.

I shake out my winds and get rid of all the loose rubble. I peer upwards and take in the hole I created. I whistle lowly and take in the damage. "I think you might have a hole in your roof my king." I sneer. "I hope it doesn't rain anytime soon." I laugh as his guards go to approach me and effortlessly force all twenty of them against the walls and keep the doors closed and intact against the hammering and pushing coming from the other side. Xavier hasn't even risen from his throne or spoken yet. "Now let me see. If I do recall the last time I saw you, you were trying to marry me off to your son and kill my entire family." I casually walk over to the table to the left of the room and snag a delectable apple off of a plate, "Ya know." I say pausing to take a bite. "You really shouldn't have done that, because now I can do this." I smirk as every single vampire in the room erupts into flames. This finally causes him to stand up and try to attack me. I roll my eyes at his pitiful attempt before pausing him in midair. "Your son is off planning a way to kill you right now. We actually we had a plan and then I decided I could do it better. So now he is probably trying to figure out what I am doing." I correct myself while tossing my apple aside. "Don't speak of my son." Xavier barks. "Oh so you can speak?" I taunt. "Did you know that your little sonny is in love with a human? A servant no less." I inform him. "You lie!" He yells trying to fight the invisible bonds around him. "My son may be a traitor, but he would never lower himself to the level of being with a human." He argued.

I laugh while picking through the stacks of food on the table. "Believe what you want. Do you have any marshmallows?" I ask while taking in the no longer moving vampires who are still burning. "I would kill for a s'more. No pun intended." I laugh while he glances at his fallen guards. "What do you want, Caroline? I have obviously underestimated you and I see now that I will probably be paying for that mistake." He has finally given up his useless struggle. "It's simple really. I want you dead and I want your throne. We both know that I can easily defeat you so that leaves you with some choices. You can die at my hand or you can take your own life. Either way I get your throne so you may choose now." I inform him while walking around his throne before sitting in it and make myself comfortable. I rotate him so I can see his face as he has internal debate about this. I hear them before they even get to the doors. "Well looks like you get to see your son before you die." I chuckle while letting the doors open and a flood of guards and William, Allison and Brandon storm the room. I laugh when I see Allison. Really they bring a small child to try to stop me. I decide to let these guards meet the same fate as their friends and smirk when Allison screams in shock. As the vampires try fruitlessly to get the fire out and beg for their lives. The screams and begging only lasts for a few moments and soon the only sound is Allison's whimper.

"Did you three happen to bring any marshmallows with you? I am really craving a s'more." I ask while taking in their shocked expressions. "I will take your silence as a no. that's disappointing. Where is the rest of the troops? Surely you didn't think you three could help me do you?" I ask honestly interested. "Besides, the king is already dead." Xavier's eyes go wide at this. He hasn't spoken since I gave him his choice and I am tired of waiting. He is engulfed in flames and William is pouncing on me. I laugh as I force William back. Xavier's screams are like music to my ears. The music of freedom and justice to be exact. Brandon is holding Allison back and William is kneeling close to his now dead father.

I sigh in exasperation. "Why all the long faces?" I demand. "The king is dead and no longer controls us. This was always the goal and yet you three look like you are at a funeral." I chuckle at their hilarious faces. "You killed three innocent people." Allison announces. "Why would you do that?" she questions. "You killed all these vampires without even caring." She accuses. "I did what needed to be done. Now I'm the queen and the vampires will be our servants as it always should have been." I inform her rising from my throne. "That was never father's goal. He wanted us to be able to live in peace. If we oppress the vampires what is stopping them from rebelling against us as we did with them?" She counters. I roll my eyes at her childish argument. "Well for one I can control fire. Two, I can force them to do whatever I want. Three, no one can stop me especially a snot nosed barely teenager and her mate." I snarl at her. "Oh that reminds me." I smile and concentrate on Allison. I don't know how I know to do this, but it's like by body knows how to do and my mind is just doing what it tells it to do. A red light envelopes Allison and she cries out in pain. William and Brandon are instantly trying to reach her, but cannot get through the red light. A particularly loud scream causes Brandon to change into his wolf and growl threateningly at me. "What are you doing to her?!" William demands. "Oh keep your panties on. She wanted to be a human and I am giving her that. No one said it would easy."

***Evil Caroline??? what are yalls thoughts about her???If you like it please vote and comment and I love hearing from you guys.*** Booknerd1203