Chapter twenty nine

***NOT EDITED***

***William's Point of View***

I didn't even see him grab the knife. I didn't notice till it was sticking out of the back of her neck. Craig had her and I knew that I had to get him under control. I didn't stop to think I just ran to him and snapped his neck. I watched the light leave his eyes and I felt no remorse. He had lost a fight I knew he was embarrassed, but to make matters worse he was a full grown man who gotten beaten by a nineteen year old girl. I could tell Caroline didn't use any of her gifts or powers. She fought fair not like that coward who through a knife at her from behind. I could hear Elizabeth screaming, but I knew she ok. I didn't have any time to check on her right now. Caroline was going to die if I didn't do something. She had a little bit of my blood in her system from my healing her nose, but it wouldn't be enough to save her. I can see from here that it landed right above her cervical vertebra and if she isn't healed soon she could be paralyzed. I am behind her in less than a blink of a blink of an eye and I know the best option is to take it out and pour my blood onto the wound directly. "Hold her still." I order Craig as Caroline was currently muttering and trying to lurch back up.

People are running and there are screams coming from all directions I tune everything out as I decide doing it quickly is the only way. I latch onto the knife and without thinking pull it straight out and ignoring the blood that pours out. I toss the knife away and bite into my wrist for the second time today. I allow my blood to completely cover her wound and once my wrist heals I bite it again and repeat the process four times. Her blood stops and she is still. I pray that that is a good sign. I can see through all the blood that her wound has healed. It has a scar that does not look pretty but a scar is better than being dead. I roll her over ignoring Craig demanding me to tell him what's happening. I test for her pulse and relief blooms in my chest when I can feel a faint pulse. She is pale and her breath sounds are very shallow.

I bite open my wrist once again and use my other hand to open her mouth. I want to make sure she has plenty of my blood in her system. I wait till my wrist has healed before I pull it away. I notice now that Ellie and Craig are both on their knees by me saying my name over and over again. "I've did everything I could." I announce while wiping Caroline's blood off my hands. "She has a pulse and her wound is healed. She seems to be unconscious and I don't know how long it will be till she wakes up or if she even will wake up." I finish while Craig releases a strangled sob. "I'm sorry, I did everything I could." I sigh while picking Caroline up. The crowd was still panicking and had lessoned slightly, but it was still loud and chaotic. "Silence!" I roared causing everyone to stop what they were doing and gape at me, even Ellie had jumped from my command. I felt bad for frightening her, but now was not the time.

You all cry out that she is a monster, but she fought fairly while that," I sneered jabbing my chin to the dead man on the ground "coward threw a knife at her from behind. He was aiming to kill and deserved what he got." The crowd remained silent, but parted as I walked away with Caroline in my arms and Ellie following behind me with Craig behind her. I went straight to our tent and laid her carefully on my cot. I covered her with my blanket and grabbed the blankets off the other two cots as well. She felt freezing cold and I assumed it would be better for her to be warm. Only time will tell us what will happen now.

***Christine's Point of View***

As soon as Kale was reunited with his wolf he ordered the warriors back into the woods and to stay there until he ordered for them. Contrary to what Caroline thinks, I have told Kale everything. He actually knows more than she does. I knew I didn't have to worry about him retaliating against her, because despite my actions in the past I love Caroline. Kale and his wolf know this so they would never hurt her. As soon as that man appeared and started demanding a fight I knew this would be the event that set everything into motion. I went to tell Caroline not to fight in a last ditch effort to stop all this, but Kale pulled me away from the circle. "You can't stop it from happening Christine." He explained while he dragged me away.