chapter seventeen

***NOT EDITED***

***Caroline's point of View***

Ok so this whole thing has been act. William want's to help us. William is not a complete jerk. I still feel hesitant about this whole plan. Something just doesn't feel right. If William knows that I am not under his sire bond I wonder if he knows about my new little gift. Speaking of I need to practice. I whistle for scout and he comes running from under my bed. I lean down and pick him and he cuddles into my lap. "Alright scout, let's see if I can really do this." I look over to the chair that William always sits in. It's pretty sturdy. It is made of wood and has large cushions sewn onto it. I focus solely on the chair and imagine it floating a foot of the floor. Up it goes. Okay. Now let's move it over by the wall. It zoomed so fast I panicked thinking it was going to hit the wall, but it froze as I soon as I started to panic. Concentrate Caroline. Slowly I imagined it turning upside down and floating to the other side of my room. While that was happening I tried to make scout levitate as well. He rose from the bed and was wiggling causing him to do some flips making me chuckle at his cuteness. I set the chair back in its original spot and let scout down as well. Alright so obviously William's blood gave me this gift. I'm not really sure what exactly this gift means, but I do know I can move things without touching them. I wonder how many things I can move at once. I stand up and walk to the middle of my room. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before I open my eyes and will every piece of furniture to float a foot off the floor.

All around me things are floating. I circle slowly taking it all in. I let it fall gently into place. I have a slight headache, but it's almost more like a slight dull thumping in my head. I guess I just need to practice. I lay on the bed cuddling with scout until Elizabeth came and got me. She was not in her usual maids dress instead she was in pants and a long sleeve shirt. She had on boots and her blond hair was up in a bun. She had another outfit in her hands, but tossed it on my bed. "Change we need to get going." I nodded and went to bathroom. On my way back into the room I noticed she had a bag on her back and there was another one on her back already. "I know you don't have much here you would want to bring with you, but I figured Scout would get tired from walking so I found a bag that you can wear that he can rest in." she said while petting him. I nodded my thanks and gently placed scout in the bag. It was large enough for him to have plenty of room. I made sure it was open enough for him to plenty of air, but not enough for him to try to jump out.

Elizabeth led us to some tunnels that were obviously not used much. "William and I are the only ones who really use these tunnels." She explained while brushing cobwebs out of the way. Allison would freak out if she were here. She absolutely hates spiders. Allison. I will get to see her and my family when we get back to the village. Happiness overtakes my entire being till I think of Landon. Will he want to speak to me or even be around me? I shake Landon from my mind. I am finally going home. I will see my family and that's what is important. "Come on the blood is right up ahead, then we get you home." She said over her shoulder with a smile on her face.

***Craig's Point of View***

I finally get back to our tent after convincing the other leaders that William was not a threat. That was by far no easy task. William ended up having to stake himself about four more times and let Daniel and anyone else who requested use the stake dipped in his blood to control him. Apparently you don't even have to speak out loud the orders. You can just think them and the vampire does them. Some people were adamant that he was reading our minds, but it has been known that only some vampires have gifts and the ones that do get them only have one. He showed us how his fight works. Obviously not with pain, he used yawning uncontrollably, being itchy, horribly sad, unbelievably happy etc. I could tell William was getting tired and was obviously hungry so Daniel took him to where we keep our livestock. He was not the happiest about having to drink animal blood, but I will give him credit for never even asking if anyone was willing to let him feed from them.