chapter nine

***NOT EDITED***

Landon is fighting with everything he has trying to get out of their grasp but it is of no use. He notices me and for a moment his eyes hold relief but then turn to hatred. It was so fast that I wasn't even sure I actually saw the relief. He stops fighting when they are right across from us on the other side of the table. He won't look at me and I feel my heart shattering again. I drop my gaze back to my lap and try to hold back the tears that are begging to be released.

"Well this is not what I expected." Xavier announces from behind me. "William you said they were in love, yet they act like they have never met before." He says to William.

William clears his throat and moves to stand behind me by his father. "That's what my little Pet told me. She wasn't lying when she spoke of him. Something must have happened when she escaped." He grabs my hair and pulls me up dragging me to the wall and pressing me into with his forearm against my throat. I can see Landon over Williams shoulder and he is looking at us with an impassive expression.

"Tell me Pet, what happened between you and lover boy over there?" He questions. His arm isn't pressed against me too hard for me to breathe or answer just hard enough to hold me still. I considered lying but knew it was a waste of time.

"When I ran Landon was in the woods trying to rescue me. He found me and wanted me to come back to the village but I couldn't leave Alison. When I refused to leave with him h-he" a few tears escaped and William pressed harder against my throat. "He made me choose between him and Alison." I glanced over and wished I hadn't. Landon was staring at me with an expression of betrayal on his face. I hesitated before speaking and William switched from his forearm to his hand around my neck pushing me up the wall to where I was barely on the tips of my toes. It was difficult to breathe but, not impossible. "I chose Alison. He got angry and he left." My voice was shaky and tears were streaming down my face. William stepped back dropping his hand. I wasn't expecting it and fell to my knees.

"So you broke his heart." William said walking over to Landon. "Do you still care for her?" He asks Landon. I don't think I want to hear his answer.

Landon is looking at William now and doesn't even have any emotion in his voice. "No I don't. She made her choice and now I know how she really feels." He answers his voice void of any emotion.

A small sob escaped my mouth and I was hoping no one heard it, but I wasn't so lucky. William glanced over at me and smirked turning back to William. "It seems she still cares for you." William taunts

"I don't care what she feels. She isn't my responsibility anymore." He states flatly. I don't even try to hold the sobs in anymore as I pull my knees into my chest. He has to be lying. He couldn't just stop loving me. He couldn't. He was always so kind and gentle now he is nothing but cruel. He thought of me as a responsibility? What does that even mean?

Xavier who has been silent this entire time walks up and gently pulls me to my feet. I am still crying and my body is trembling, but I don't look at Landon anymore I don't think I can handle seeing him right now. "Please can I go back to my room?" I ask Xavier.

"No." William says while still looking at Landon curiously. "I want to try something. Come here Pet." His voice is soft but it is still an order. I look at Xavier who nods so I slowly drag my feet over to William. He grabs my arm and puts me in front of him so I am facing Landon. Landon looks right through me as if I wasn't even there. William moves to the side of me and I look up to ask him what he is doing when I notice his eyes. The throbbing starts behind my eyes and I know what he is doing. He wants to see if Landon will try to protect me by trying to stop William. The throbbing increases and my head is pounding. I wince and my hands reach up to my cradle my head on their own. Landon looks confused at what is happening. The pain suddenly triples and I fall to my knees with a gasp. My body is shaking but I am holding down the sobs that want to escape.