chapter twenty three PART TWO

***NOT EDITED***

***Caroline's Point of View***

"They never said that she would die." Elizabeth said trying to comfort me. I tuned her out trying to process what this meant. Landon was speechless still looking at Elizabeth waiting for her to say she was just kidding. Allison had tears streaming down her face and she was shaking again. "William make Allison calm down." My shaking voice commanded. He had been deathly silent and was staring into thin air. "William!" I snap trying to get his attention. His head jerked to me and his eyes were full of regret and pain. "Allison go and wait in your fathers tent. Don't leave the tent till one of us comes and gets you. You will be calm and not worried. You will go to sleep as soon as you lay down. Her tears ceased and she nodded walking out of the tent. "Caroline." William said my name softly. He rubbed his face with both of his hands and then pulled a crying Elizabeth into his lap.

"I have heard this story before when I was a boy." William confessed. "Well then how do we stop it?" Landon demanded finally coming out of his trance. Landon hands were wrapped tightly around me holding me into his side as if I would disappear any moment. "I'm sorry." William sighed. "Ellie is right though. The prophecy doesn't say she will die it just says it will take all her strength to save her people." He tried reasoning. "That basically means she will die!" Landon fumed.

I am the key to ending the vampire reign, but it will take everything. I was always so desperate to help with the rebellion and now I guess I am really going to be helping. Am I willing to give up my life for this? Of course I am. I know I would do what it takes for my people to be free, but I know Landon won't let me. He'll do whatever it takes to make sure I survive. He will hold my safety above our people's safety. I can't let that happen. If I have to die I will have to die. I won't run away and hide and condemn innocent people to an eternity of life like this. I won't let another generation grow up hiding in the woods desperately trying to survive and not be slaves. If I can stop this cycle I will. No longer will I let my people cower in fear in the woods. I will do what it takes to make sure my people are safe.

I get pulled out of my inner dialogue by Landon shaking me demanding that we leave. "Ok go get Allison, we'll leave tonight." I say softly not making eye connecting. William and Elizabeth both gawk at me as if I lost my mind. Landon nods while running out of the tent. "Caro-" William starts but I cut him off. "Can your gift make people forget things?" I ask harshly not apologizing for cutting him off. "No, but what does that have to do with anything?" he asked. "We need to find a way to make Landon forget what he heard." I say desperately. I turn to Elizabeth now. "Think Elizabeth what other gifts did they I would get?" I asked her while putting both my hands on her shoulders. She shut her eyes and started slightly shaking her head. "I-I can't remember." She whimpered. "Try harder!" I demanded. "Caroline, stop it." William ordered while pulling me away from Elizabeth. I glare at him and make him fly onto a cot. "I will not let my people die because Landon doesn't want to lose me!" I yell out in frustration. "Think Elizabeth!" I yell while holding down William with my mind.

The foretelling said I would have other gifts, gifts as in plural so I need to find out what they are. Mind control would be ideal. "They said something about the elements I think," She stammered out. I nod my head and hold out my hand in front of me. Fire is an element. Maybe I can conjure fire or maybe water, air or earth. I switch back and forth concentrating on each element and when nothing happens I let out a scream of anger. I felt a pulse of pain beating in my head. Pain is good maybe that means something is about to happen. With my concentration on William broken he is now beside Elizabeth. I see him pull her behind him when my body is slowly engulfed in flames. She screams and he jumps back covering her completely. The fire doesn't burn me though. I can feel it licking my skin, but that's it. I force the flames down and William comes closer examining my skin and clothes there is no evidence of any flames except the faint smell left over.

I walk out to the practice field not even waiting to see if they follow me or not. I need to see what else I can do. I have to have a gift that can help me make Landon forget. I have to do this for my people. Might as well see what other elements I can do. Water I think to myself. I hold my hands out in front of me and think that one word over and over again. I hear two sets of footsteps and from the soft whispers I know it is William and Elizabeth. I keep focusing though and a soft gasp makes my eyes fly open. Floating about three inches from my hands is a ball of water. It is about the size of a bowling ball. I try to move it like I do with objects. It flies towards William and splashes into his face. Elizabeth giggles and I smirk pleased with myself. "I would say sorry, but I'm not." I tell him while he shakes he head causing water to fly towards Elizabeth.

"Try air?" Elizabeth asked after getting William to stop acting like a dog. I nodded and thought about wind. I concentrated harder and harder but nothing was happening. I sigh in frustration giving up after about five minutes. "Earth?" William asks. I close my eyes once again and think of the dirt in front of me caving in. I don't know how long I had been concentrating when William started laughing causing Elizabeth to shush him. "She looks like she is trying to poop." He defends. I shoot him an exasperated glare. "Maybe I can only use fire and water." I say while causing little sparks of flames to shoot out of my fingertips. "Elizabeth think back was their anything that can help me make Landon forget?" I ask desperately. It's only a matter of time before he gets back and pitches a fit. "I told you everything I-" her eyes went to a faraway place all of a sudden and I was hoping she was remembering something that could help me.

.

.

Big shout out to all my awesome readers!!!! Rebel has jumped to #54 on adventure!!!! This is so exciting!!!!! Please comment with any questions or thoughts you have!! Vote if you liked the update!!! Next chapter will be up tomorrow!!!

Booknerd1203