chapter 34

**NOT EDITED**

***Allison's Point of View***

I can't shake the feeling that something has changed. Since a couple of days ago I felt different. I felt this pull and I don't really know how to explain it. It's like this invisible string is tugging on my chest all the time. I tried to ignore it at first, but it kept getting harder and harder to not think about it. Now it's almost impossible to function without thinking about this stupid strong. Landon keeps asking me if I'm ok and I lie and say I'm fine. I don't want to worry him. He already does so much for me. Although, I don't think I have to be worried either the pull almost feels safe in a way. It's persistent and annoying, but in a way I don't want it to leave. It sounds crazy and part of me hopes it will go away, but a different part doesn't want it to end.

"Hello!?" Landon yelled as he flung an apple at my direction. I quickly caught it since his shout pulled me out of my inner dialogue about this string thingy. "What was that for? It could have hurt me!" I accused and then took a huge bite of the apple. "I knew you would catch it." He defended. "You have freaky vampire instincts and besides those you are a pig and there is no way you would let a perfectly good apple get dirty by touching the ground." He finished laughing when my jaw dropped in surprise at his remark. "Hey! I'm not a pig! I just like food." I justified. "I'm a growing vampire who needs plenty of food to live." I finish while tossing the now bare apple core over my shoulder. "Growing vampire?" Landon exclaimed. "Vampires don't grow. That is a known fact my adorable little piglet of a sister." He teased while ruffling my hair. I growled while blowing the hair out of my face with a huff. "Landon!" I whined while blocking his second attempt to ruffle my hair. "Really though," he started. His voice growing serious. "What's going on? You have been spacing out pretty often and it's not like you." I could hear the concern in his voice and the guilt I was feeling from keeping this from him made my heart drop. "I don't really know how to explain it?" I said in more of a question than an answer. "Try." He ordered not playing around anymore. I sigh and give in knowing that he is more stubborn than I. "I woke up a few days ago with this feeling." I started trying to form the words. "It's like a string is constantly pulling on my heart. I feel restless and uncomfortable all the time. I tried to ignore it, but it's not working. It keeps getting more and more persistent and the string has turned into a rope." I finished not really sure if I explained well enough. Landon look's thoughtful for a few minutes and then realization dawned on his face. "What? What have you figured out?" I demanded desperate for why I am feeling this way. "I'm not one hundred percent sure, but it sounds almost like a mate pull." He said completely serious. "Mate? Like a werewolf?" I screeched. He simply nodded at me not saying anything. "How can a vampire be a mate to a werewolf?" I demanded honestly confused.

"Look Allison, I told you I wasn't sure. What you described feeling sounds almost identical to what a mated werewolf feels when separated from their mate. Besides, it is completely possible that you are a mate to werewolf. Male werewolf's can mate with whomever their maker destined them to be." He said simply as if this wasn't a huge deal. "I can't have a mate I am only fourteen!" I cry out in outrage. "Well judging by how you described your feelings it won't be long till we find out. Your mate is probably already tracking you as we speak." He said excitedly. "Why in the world are you so excited about this?!" I asked hurt by his words. Does he want to just pawn me off on my mate? "Allison." Landon sighed. "This doesn't mean I won't be your brother anymore or that I won't stay with you. If you do have a mate I will not just up and leave. I will always be with you. Whether it be in spirit or in the literal sense. I will never stop being your older brother." He finished while pulling me into his chest. "Do you promise?" I ask through a sniffle. "I promise." He said and then chuckled causing me to pull away far enough to see what he was laughing about. "How could I live without my little piglet?" He barked and then erupted into laughter. I rolled my eyes as I shoved him away. "You ruined a perfectly nice sibling moment, jerk." I mumbled under my breath.