chapter twenty

***NOT EDITED***

***Craig's Point of View***

This is my entire fault. Allison, my sweet sweet baby is now lying in her bed in the middle of transition into a vampire. She was so stubborn I should have known better then forcing her to not be involved. I knew she would fight back, but I never dreamed she would go to this extant. She has already showed signs of changing and William said that is a good sign. Her hair has gotten slightly longer, but also more shiny like it has just been freshly washed. Her skin that used to be slightly pale even though she spent so much time out in the sun was now a more prominent pale. Her lips had become almost ruby red and her teeth are a glowing white color, much like Williams. She has stirred a few times, but has not woken up yet. William has been checking in on her three or four times a day. Five days had passed so far and I was beginning to worry. I sighed while rubbing by thumb over her cheek before getting up and heading back to the planning tent.

Caroline and Daniel were examining a map trying to pin point all the weaknesses of the castle. William had given us multiple weaknesses to work with. All of them Xavier had no idea about. Landon and William entered shortly after I did with lunch for all of us. We cleared away the maps and started eating somberly. None of us had been very talkative while Allison was out. I knew Daniel blamed me even though he hasn't told me. Caroline though doesn't blame me, but herself. "If I had stood up for her maybe she wouldn't have felt the need to do this." I heard her whisper to Landon the night of Allison's death. Landon comforted her and I knew that he could do more then I could do at the moment. We had just finished when a young girl maybe sixteen came barreling into the tent. "Allison!" she gasped out in between pants. William was already gone before she had finished saying her name. The rest of us took off at our human pace.

By the time we reached our tent William was slowly trying to approach Allison who was crouched down in a defensive stance while flashing her fangs at us. "William, the sire bond?" Caroline questioned. Making William shake his head in a oh yeah kind of way. "Allison, stand up and don't be afraid." He ordered softly. Immediately Allison stood up and you could see the fear dissolve from her face. "She appears to be under the sire bond." William stated obviously. "Allison?" I questioned softly. She jerked her head to me and came at me knocking me to the ground. She was shocked by the speed she went and I could tell she was afraid of what she had done. "Daddy" she sobbed while collapsing onto my chest. "Shh. It's ok sweet heart." I told her gently while rubbing her back. "It's not though! I'm a vampire! I realized how big of a mistake this one when I stepped off the branch, but I couldn't pull myself up." She whispered horrified. "I'm so thirsty." She said louder this time. Her head that had been in my neck rose slightly and I felt her take a huge sniff of my neck causing me to shiver. I heard a hiss and then she was pulled off of me and thrown out of the tent by William.

William had her pinned on the ground trying to calm her down. "You are not to feed off of anyone who has not given you consent Allison!" he ordered sharply. "Stop fighting me." He said and she went limps. He stood up and sent me an apologetic glance. "I promise I didn't hurt her." He said hurriedly. I just nodded while staring at my daughter. "Get up Allison; we need to get you some blood. Caroline stepped forward already pulling her hair to the side revealing my fang marks. "I already have scars, might as well add a few more till she is able to start hunting animals." She explained softly. "Will you take the pain away." She asked William quietly. He nodded "Of course Caroline." He walked over to Allison and helped her up and over to Caroline. "Now let your fangs out all the way." He said and I winced when Allison had two fangs drop down from her mouth. They weren't obscenely long but a good inch and half for sure. "Now bite into her neck. It doesn't have to be hard. Once you feel the blood start sucking. Don't get carried away. You don't need much to live off of." He explained while steadying Caroline who looked slightly pale.