chapter twenty six

***NOT EDITED***

***Craig's Point of View*** (Caroline's Dad)

I can easily see her from my hiding place. She is hanging up clothes on a clothes line. They all look to be male and it sends a small cringe of pain to my heart. She doesn't seem to have changed much in these past two years, wait it's been three years. With everything that has been happening I forgot that Caroline had her birthday while she was captured. I sigh and try not to remind myself how much I have failed my children. I am doing this for them I need to stay focused on my goal. I train my gaze back on the woman I have been looking for and her neck catches me by surprise. Right on the place that her neck and shoulder meet is what appears to be a half moon with dark clouds surrounding it. There is writing underneath it, but I am too far away to read it. She has mated with a werewolf?!

This can't be happening. She would never do this. I have to be wrong. I am a distance away maybe it is a burn mark and my eyes are playing tricks on me. That must be it. A growl from behind me breaks the little bit of confidence I had in my theory. The growl turns into a snarl that catches the attention of the women I was watching. She runs towards the tree line but freezes when she sees me. "Kale! Stop he doesn't mean any harm." She explained softly while walking past be and out of my line of vision. She obviously went to the wolf because the growling and snarling stops in is replaced by a slight purring sound. I decide now it is safe to turn around and face the wolf. He is huge. He easily towers over my frame and has to be at least eight feet tall. I don't know why people call them werewolves they should be called were-horses. In a blink of an eye a man was standing where the wolf was. He was naked as the day he was born and I reverted my eyes to the woman who was blushing while walking to a tree. I was curious as to what she was doing and when she reached into a hollow point and pulled out a pair of gym shorts I figured out that they must stash clothes in the woods for instances like this. She handed the shorts to him and he smiled fondly at her while pulling the shorts on. His face full of love while gazing at her. I coughed softly to remind him that I am here.

When his gaze landed on me one would think he was a completely different person. His face was fixed in a hard glare and he was obviously tense. "What are you doing on my land?" he demanded while pulling her to his side. There was no denying now that she was his mate. "I came for her." I said gesturing towards the woman I thought I would never see again. He growled once again and his body started shaking. She laid both hands on his chest while snuggling into his side. He calmed down slightly, but not much. "Has she told you who I am?" I asked honestly curious if she shared with him about our past. She flinched slightly at my comment and for a second I thought she had kept us all a secret. "I am assuming you are Craig." He answered with a voice deep and full of aggravation. I nod in response. "Our children need you." I paused and forced myself to say what needed to be said. "I need you, Christine." I held in my cringe when her name left my lips. I haven't said it for the three years she has been gone. The last comment earned me a growl, but I ignored it.

"Your grandmother was right. The foretelling was about our kids. It is happening as we speak. Our family is falling apart and it is only a matter of time before Caroline learns of the foretelling. You owe it to her to help her through this. I know you feel like you failed at protecting her, but it wasn't your fault. You couldn't stop the foretelling from happening. It was her destiny to be the one to save us all." I explained watching the pain cross her face and her cling to her mate. I missed when she used to cling to me for comfort. I am not going to lie. I had hoped to find her and for us fall back into love, but now I know that will never happen. I try to ignore the pain I am feeling as I wait for her response. "Love, we knew this day would come. We agreed when we first mated that we would do what was right. I am with you every step of the way and so is our pack." He comforted her softly. I used to comfort her like that.