chapter 39

****NOT EDITED****

***William's Point of View***

I knew the moment the pain hit me what Caroline was doing. I couldn't even concentrate enough to think about what this would mean for me. All I felt was the pain licking its way through out my entire body. At first I could hear Allison yelling for me, but soon all I could hear was my erratic heartbeat. I woke up and everything looked hazy and unclear. Allison whispering my name was the first thing I heard. Her voice sounded faraway and didn't have its usual ringing to it. "Allison." My voice is rough almost like a rasp and I don't like it. I feel the tears wanting to break through my eye lids, but I refuse to show that weakness. "It will be ok. You helped me be a vampire and I will help you be a human" Allison says in an effort to comfort me. All I can force myself to do is to nod and allow Brandon to help me to my feet. "Well now that that is settled. I believe you three are supposed to be telling our people to come to the castle. Get to it." Caroline ordered.

Allison turned without a glance towards her sister and made her way out the door. Brandon and I followed closely behind her. I stumbled for a feet, but soon could handle walking without Brandon's help. My heart shattered while leaving the castle and passing all former vampires who were now humans. Worse though was through the village where word hadn't traveled yet about what Caroline had done. Panic was wide spread and men were boarding up there houses in fear of being killed. If only they knew Caroline's plan. We had only walked about maybe four miles and I was done. We had taken eight breaks already and I knew there was no way for me to continue on. Sweat was pouring from my brow and I was gasping for breath. Alison wasn't doing to great either, but she could continue on just fine. She had been a human before and was only a vampire for a short period of time. "Look William you have to do it. I'm sorry if it hurts your pride, but we have to get back and this is the fastest way." Allison demanded. I went to argue back, but she didn't give me a chance. "Brandon, shift. William and I will ride on your back. That won't be a problem right?" She asked without asking if I was ok with this idea. "No problem." He assured her and shifted right there into his wolf. He was plenty large enough to carry us both on his back, but that wasn't the issue. "I don't need a ride Allison." I spat in anger. She whirled around towards me so fast I thought she somehow was still a vampire for a few seconds. "You listen and you listen good William. You will get on his back and you will shut your mouth and be quiet till we get back to the village! I am not going to spend a month trying to get to back home so I can tell my dad that Caroline has gone crazy! You are not going to argue with me on this anymore! Do you understand?" her tantrum took me by surprise and I just nodded in response not knowing what to say. "Good get on." She ordered while situating herself on Brandon's back as well. I followed her example and climbed on behind her. "Alright Brandon take us home." She said kindly towards him no anger in voice her now.

***Caroline's Point of View***

I decided to go on a tour of my new kingdom once the three musketeers had left. Ha three musketeers. That was a good one. I flew out the hole that I had made when I entered and decided I should go ahead and make the announcement of who is in charge now. Nothing like a good storm to get their attention. I felt the power lick across my skin and soon the wind was causing my hair to whip in every direction. Thunder and lightning lit up the sky as the clouds rolled in. Soon the newly made humans were scampering around in fear trying to take cover. "Attention! Attention! Welcome to being a human." I begin in a cheerful tone making my voice boom across the valley, no doubt reaching the far edges of the village. "There is no need to panic about this situation. I assure you all is well." I could hear the slight murmuring that was happening among the confused group. "Silence!" a crack of thunder emphasized my command the sound causing the ground to shake slightly. "Thank you, now as I was saying. I am in charge now. I have killed your king and as you can tell there are no more vampires in my land. You are all hereby stripped of any titles or wealth you once had. You will no longer be above the humans anymore, in fact we are now above you."