chapter 36

NOT EDITED

***Caroline's Point of View***

He doesn't remember...he doesn't remember...the kiss worked for Allison and Brandon....maybe we just are not meant to be....they are mates though...why is this happening...he hates me...he hates me...it's for the best that he doesn't remember anyway...I can do this without him...no more hurt...no more pain...no more tears...no more pain...no more pain...no more pain...no more pain...

***William's Point of View***

We have all been back at the village for a few hours now and I have yet to get Caroline to talk. Allison had to beg Landon to come with us. I think the only reason he did come was because of the protectiveness over Allison, that Caroline gave him when she erased his memories. He hasn't said much either, but he has been keeping an eye on Allison. Allison. She is completely head over heels for Brandon. He is the same well as well. It was a cute at first seeing them gaze at each other and holding hands. They are both young and I am happy to see Brandon not willing to be more affectionate then a peck on the lips. I don't know when it happened, but I have become protective of Allison.

"How is she?" Ellie asks, breaking me out of my train of thought. "She still won't talk." I sigh while looking over to the tree line and see Caroline kneeling facing the woods. Every now and again her shoulders shake as if she is crying, but she won't let anyone near her. "She'll come around. I'm sure of it." Ellie whispered while rubbing my shoulders. I groan in appreciation as she works the knots out of my shoulders and back. "What is she doesn't?" I ask out loud not really expecting an answer. "What if she gives up and goes dark?" I mutter. "If that happens we will do what we can to save her from herself." Ellie says in a determined voice. I smile at the courage of my little Ellie. "You're right." I agree while seeing Allison and Brandon out of the corner of my eye. He has changed into his wolf and is chasing her around the meadow. She isn't using her vamp speed and he isn't using his full speed either. He nips at her ankles playfully and she squeals with happiness.

Daniel is sitting with Landon watching Allison and Brandon. We decided to free him when we brought Landon back. We figured that he was the second most important to Landon and maybe he could help him. Daniel tried to hide it, but I saw the tears of happiness when he heard that Allison and Landon were back. Daniel has stuck close to Landon and Landon doesn't seem to mind. He seems the most comfortable around Allison and Daniel. I remember when Allison saw Daniel for the first time since she lost her memories.

We had just returned and I sent for someone to get Daniel and to bring him to me. Allison had been chattering with Brandon and she froze when she heard Daniel's name. She took off towards the woods and Brandon went to go after her, but I stopped him. "Let me go." He tried to argue, but I wouldn't hear it. "I will explain later, but please just stay here." He offered a begrudged nod, but didn't argue again. I easily found Allison hiding in a tree crying softly. I jumped up beside her and pulled her small frame into my side. She burrowed her head into my side and her sobs wracked her body. "Hey...shhh...it's ok." I murmured softly while gently stroking her hair. "He hates me." she whispered. "He won't be happy to see me. He'll be happy to see Landon, but not me." she sobbed out. I let her cry herself out before I spoke again. "Allison, he doesn't hate you. You are his sister. He was angry and he had no right to say those things. Trust me he regrets it and still loves you. You need to talk to him." I finish softly. She pulls back and shakes her head violently. "I can't face him!" she argued fear in her eyes. "Do you think for one second that Brandon or I would let him hurt you?" I asked raising my eyebrows at her. She shook her head without looking at me. "Because I know for a fact one wrong word and Brandon will be feasting on some Daniel but." I whisper in her ear. She giggles and dries the tears that are on her face. "What will you do if he says something?" she asks with a small smile on her face. "Well I always liked his hair. Maybe I will shave it off while he asleep?" I ask her causing her giggle to turn into laughter. "What do you say? Will you come back to the village? I know some ones mate is not very happy when his mate in is a tree crying." Regret flashes in her eyes and she wiggles from my lap to jump from the tree. "Race ya to the meadow!" she calls as she takes off towards her mate. I chuckle while chasing after her. I let her beat me and reach the meadow right as she tackles her mate to the ground, laughing the whole time. He hits the ground with a groan quickly landing so she is on top of him. I smile at his protectiveness and am happy for Allison.