chapter thirteen

***NOT EDITED***

***Caroline's Point of View***

It has been a month and half since my Father and brother left. They have exactly two weeks left to come and meet Xavier with their decision. William has been as annoying as ever with his stupid little sire bond orders. He has been drinking from me as well, but he uses his power to keep me from feeling pain. I was surprised when he told me that he would be willing to do that. I wasn't surprised that he would still drink from me though. His future fake bride or not I was still his blood slave.

Really strange things have been happening since William tried to turn me. Sometimes when I think about wanting something to happen it happens. For instance about three weeks ago William was fixing to drink from me and I was not very happy. I know I don't feel any pain, but it is still disgusting to know that he is drinking my blood. My blood is meant to keep me alive and it's supposed to stay in my body. Anyway, he had spent the morning ordering me to tell him every embarrassing thing I have done that I can remember, while he lounged on my bed playing with an adorable puppy that had ended up outside the palace. William agreed to take it in and even more surprisingly he had given it to me. He said "you need something to make you less broody". I am not broody, but this puppy, who I named scout, did help brighten up my day. Scout was by the far the cutest dog I had ever seen. He was still very small, but could eat solid food. He was all white but with one big brown spot that covered his left eye and half of his snout. He had big floppy ears that constantly got flipped backwards and got stuck like that. Once William claimed he was bored of my story telling he announced he was hungry.

I was so angry that I had to pretend to be under the sire bond that I decided every time he did something to annoy me I would just imagine something happening to him that would make me feel better. He put scout down in the middle of the bed and waved me over to him. This time as he moved my hair out the way I thought about how funny it would be if scout jumped up and bit his ear. I could just see scout clinging on for dear life as William cursed and tried to pry him off. William went to bite into my neck when an adorable yelp sounded before Scout jumped on William. Scout bit down on William's ear and William grunted while trying to get Scout off! In the process William had pushed me off the bed and I stayed on the ground watching William struggle with Scout. I could tell William was fixing to get really mad and I knew that Scout needed to let go now, but as soon as I thought it he let go and bounded back to the middle of the bed. William was still muttering curses under his breath.

"You do know you are a vampire right? What happened to your strength? You have sent me flying across the room, yet you can't pull a puppy off your ear?" I taunt with raised eyebrows. William scoffed while straightening out his hair. "If you must know I didn't want to hurt scout. He is a cute little guy and I would feel bad if I hurt him." He finished simply. Wait a minute. "Did you just insinuate that I am not cute?" I asked shocked. He didn't respond but just smirked. "I will let you know Willy-Pie that I am in fact much cuter then scout." I argued. "Think what you want pet, but there is no way you are cuter then scout. Besides compared to other humans you are barely a two on a scale from one to ten." He fired back . My jaw dropped and I was fixing to give him a piece of my mind when he beat me to it. "Agree with me." He ordered. "Tell me you are a two." His smirk had grown now and he was laughing waiting for me to reply. "I am a two." I ground out between gritted teeth. He left the room laughing saying he would come back to eat later. Stupid vampire.

Another time a maid came in with some clean dresses for me to try on for size. As she was adjusting them she was using some pins to mark areas that needed hemming or taking in. she kept poking me with her stupid pins and I am almost positive it was on purpose. I thought about how if only she could get pricked with her stupid pin, then she would see how it feels. I heard a yelp and turned around to see her holding her palm where a pin was stuck right smack dab in the middle. She pulled it out gasping as she did. "That pin was nowhere near my palm!" she cried I looked shocked as she spun me around to finish.