chapter twenty five

***NOT EDITED***

***William's Point of View***

It has been three day's since Caroline sent Allison and Landon away. The first day she stayed in her tent refusing to come out or to eat. I could hear her soft cries into the early morning. She ended up crying herself to sleep. Her love for them was so strong that she erased herself from their lives just so they could be safe. Ellie didn't and still doesn't understand why Caroline did it. I do though. She knew that Landon would never let her do what it takes to save her people. She loved them both so much and she knew there was a chance she would die in this war. So to save them from having to deal with the pain of her death she took the burden on herself. She erased everything about her from their minds. They can't grieve her if they don't remember her. They will never know what she did for them, while she is left here to grieve not only them, but all the memories they have forgotten and all the memories they could have made. emoreis burden on herself. She erased every thing about her from

After her night of tears she woke up and went into leader mode. She gathered me and her two men her father trusted completely from her village who were always involved in decision making. I was surprised to find out that the rebels had a multitude of spies in and around the palace. This information though had me wondering why we have heard nothing of my father's actions lately. I never gave an explanation of any kind I just disappeared. I know he won't be happy about that. Not because he cares for my safety, no. It's because I am his only heir. When I brought this to Caroline's attention she had already been wondering the same thing. She sent word to the spies last night and we should be hearing something soon. For now we are trying to make a plan for every possible situation that could happen.

"Xavier already knows where we are. Why has he not attacked?" Gabe one of the two men wondered out loud. He was tall with broad shoulders. He wore his hair down to his shoulders which was strange for a man his age, but it fit him. His hair a dark brown very close to black which almost clashed with his light brown eyes. "That is what I am confused about as well." I replied. "He is smart yes, but he is also rash when it comes to betrayals. I cannot see him just letting me get away." I reply. "Maybe the old man knew you were going to betray him?" Jeff taunted. Caroline trusted him and I trusted Caroline, but he knows exactly how to get under my skin. He was average height, but lankier then Gabe. He has light blonde hair, but not much of it. You mainly see his hair on his beard, which is very impressive. His eyes always held mischief in them and he never missed the chance for a sarcastic comment. Beside his annoying comments he obviously understands the concept of war. "There is no way he knew." I answered flatly after shooting him a glare. I glance at Caroline and see her twirling a small blade above her hand with her mind. "He's trying to smoke us out." She mutters while standing up and walking to the maps on the walls of the tent. "He knows that eventually we are going to attack if he just sits back and relaxes. He knows by now that I can control things with my mind. I'm sure someone has leaked to him my gift in chance of favor." She sighs.

"No one knows about your other gifts though beside us and Ellie." I remind her. "That's true." She responded. "He doesn't know just how much I can control and that's how we are going to go into this. Go back to your families. We will start planning our attack in the morning. No one is to speak about my gifts unless in this tent." She ordered while walking to the door. Gabe and Jeff nodded while standing to leave. "Where are you going Caroline?" I asked while grabbing her shoulder and pulling her aside. "Ellie would love for you to come eat with us. She doesn't want you to be all alone." I explain carefully. She smiles faintly and nods. I'll come to your tent for dinner. I need to go see Daniel first though. He deserves to know what I did." she states sadly. "You did what you needed to do Caroline." I tell her honestly believing that she did. She doesn't respond but nods while leaving.