43. Love that about you

I leaned on the doorframe of the kitchen as Will clean around her restaurant. She is too distracted by what she is doing that she hasn't noticed me. It's not hard to see that the rush of the Saturday has drained her out. We are all tired, but Will tends to overwork herself most of the time. 

She loves this place and lays all her energy into it to keep it going. I do admire her passion for it, and I wish I could feel the same. Yet I don't have much interest in things like other people do. I don't go to the school's football games. Nor do I enjoy parties like Alissa does or hang out with a bunch of friends each weekend. 

I don't feel the need to do all of that. I never did. However, it wasn't until I started to dream about Will my life turned upside down. My obsession with it took all over me. I might have been a fool to believe that it actually meant anything. Still, if I didn't, I wouldn't stand here to look at her at this moment. How her dark hair is up in a ponytail as she turned to me with a yawn and half-closed eyes. 

"What are you doing?" She asked, surprised, and laid her hand over her mouth to hide the second yawn. 

"Nothing," I smiled as I shook my head. 

"Then why are you standing there?" She wondered, then let out a chuckle as she threw the cloth onto the counter. 

"I finished the front," I said, and she came my way to lay her arms around my back, holding me close against herself. Her body's pressure in contact with mine released all of the built tension that the busy evening created. 

"How are you?" She whispered into my ear, and her breath tickled my skin. 

"I'm good," I smiled, and that is the truth. The burden of being bullied at school has left my shoulders. Josh's rumor went away fast after the confrontation with Kathy. She could see through his lies and stepped up to him for once. My life is falling into line, except for a few a couple of things, of course. It can't always be perfect, now can it?

"That's good, Harley," She moved back from me with a grin and placed her warm hands onto my cheeks. 

"I'm sorry that our relationship hasn't been easy for you, but,"

"What are you talking about?" I interrupted her, and she closed her eyes with a smile. I locked my mouth and bit my lip to keep myself quiet. 

"But I do really appreciate your patience with me and how understanding you have been. I couldn't have asked for someone better than you, Harley, and I," She stopped and took a deep breath with nervous eyes.

"Love that about you," My eyes widened at those unexpected words. She swallowed roughly as she gazed down at the floor for a second. 

"I'm not going to lie neither to you or myself, not anymore," Willow watched me deeply into my eyes. 

"I love you, Harley," Those words left me speechless. I never expected her to say that, not now. My lips parted, but words didn't seem to form or come out of my mouth. 

"Are you okay?" Willow asked, concerned as she brushed a few of my hair strands that have come out of my ponytail away from my face. 

"Hey, Harley," She placed a kiss onto my temple and stared back down into my eyes. A smile formed onto my lips, and even if I tried, I couldn't stop it. 

"I love you too," I said back, and she breathed out in relief. 

"You scared me," She chuckled. 

"I didn't think that you would say that to me, not in a long time at least," 

"I know, and I believe you are right if you were someone else. Yet you are not like anyone I have ever met," Willow smiled brightly, and the warmth of her breath hit my forehead before she kissed my skin.

"Oh, I almost forgot," She took a step away from me. 

"My mother has made you a new contract for summer. If you want to stay longer than that, we can make another one then," She said. 

"Thank you," I smiled, but it went away as the thought about my father came to mind. 

"You would work full-time," She told me.

"What's wrong?" She wondered and lifted my head to met my gaze. 

"I haven't spoken to my father about work nor you," I sighed, and she pressed her lips together.

"I know, and it worries me that you haven't. Then again, it's not my place to know," She tilted her head. 

"That's not true," I furrowed my eyebrows.  

"You are an important part of my life, and you have a right to say your opinion," I said firmly, and she chuckled at me for that. 

"You should talk to your father, and if you want me to be there with you, then I will," She responded, and I nodded thoughtfully at her. 

"I would need to think about it all. What to say and how to say it. He isn't easy to talk to, but I know mom would be able to contain him better than anyone," I shrugged. 

"Then you should perhaps talk to your mom before your father," She said, and I nodded in agreement. 

"Yeah," I narrowed my eyes and let out a nervous breath. 

"Let's clean up the rest and go," Willow snaked a kiss onto my lips before I could react to it. She laughed lowly as she went back over to the kitchen.

"Okay," I said, stunned.