40. You looked a bit lost

"Hi," I smile as Willow comes towards me and then places her lips on mine for a little kiss.

"Hi," She says, sitting down next to me on her couch. I lean my head on her shoulder as we continue watching the movie that was on. Since the day she brought me to the graveyard to see Haven, things have changed. 

Not much, but I can sense a slight difference in Willow. She seems to be more at peace with herself. But also comfortable around me, not as much guarded as she always was. It's nice to see her true colors. I close my eyes as the wave of tiredness hits and rests my head on her lap.

"Harley, are you sleeping?" She asks me.

"No," I say, but a big yawn escapes my mouth, and she laughs at me. 

"You are cute," Will says, and I crinkle my nose but smile as I felt her lean down to place a kiss on my temple. I turn around, staring right into those green eyes, and I lay my hand onto her cheek, stroking her skin with my thumb. 

I wish I could tell her what I feel for her, that I think I have fallen in love with her. But as much as I want to, it's not the right time. I might scare her off if I do; she needs me to be patient, and that I will be. Perhaps I should wait until she says it if she ever would feel that way for me. 

"Do you want to go to sleep?" She asks, waking me up from my deep thoughts. 

"Yeah, it's getting late," I say and get up on my feet to stretch myself. 

As Willow went to the bathroom, I changed in the living room into a t-shirt and a pair of pajama pants. Then I sneaked into the warmth of her bed. It smells like her every time I lay in it, which is so comforting. 

For the past three days, I have avoided school. Nobody knows, except for Alissa, not even Willow. I can't make myself go back after the day Will picked me up from school. Mom hasn't said anything, so I presume they haven't called her yet. 

While Will has been at the restaurant, I have been hiding here; she hasn't noticed, though. I know it's wrong, but every time I try and go, I end up sitting in the car and staring endlessly into nothing at all. 

I try to get out of the car, but I freeze every time with pictures of how my downfall will unfold. Sometimes I try and text my friend to ask about what has been happening, but I stop myself each time. I'm too scared of the answer. 

"Harley?" Will calls my name.

"I'm here," I say and smile as she comes into the bedroom. 

"Hi," She whispers after she laid down next to me. 

"Hi," I smile back as we both only look at each other in silence. The light of the full moon helps me see her face clearly, which makes her skin look paler than usual, almost as if she was an angel—the most beautiful kind of them all. But sometimes, I wish she could open up her wings for me because I know there lay so much beauty beneath it when she unfolds her shadows.

Perhaps that is the thing about beauty. Sometimes we look for it in the wrong places, but we dig through the darkness once we have found the right path. But I believe the burns I get through the way is worthwhile as long as I know she is at the end of it all.

"Harley, where are you?" She asks me lightly, placing her hand on my cheek to seek my attention. 

"I'm here, with you," I smile, laying my hand on top of hers. 

"You looked a bit lost," She chuckles at me. 

"Yeah, I tend to do that when I think about you," I shrug casually, and she closed her eyes before pulling the duvet over her head. I laugh at how cute she is acting now and try to pull the duvet off her, but she is holding it tightly. 

"Will, stop hiding," I say and start tickling her, which made her twist and turned until she pulls the duvet off herself. 

"You are annoying," I stop her with my lips on hers, and she tastes like heaven as she always does. I feel her shift and lay on top of me and close the gap again with her lips on mine. It took me by surprise, but I'm not going to stop her, nor do anything for that matter. I place my arms around her back to hold her close; her body on top of mine is too dangerous. She turns everything in me around, and I don't know if it's a good thing or not. Will leans her forehead as she keeps her eyes closed. 

"I'm sorry," She whispers. 

"Are you apologizing to yourself or me?" I wonder because I don't want an apology. 

"Neither," She says, and I nod, understanding that we have a third person in the room.

"It's okay," I reassure her as she rests her head on my shoulder as I hold her. Some days will be good, and others will be bad, I know that. 

It didn't take long until Will fell asleep. She even managed to hide her face in the side of my neck. Her breathing is tickling me, but I don't mind. She moves her legs and turns around, holding onto my arm that's underneath her neck. I wrap my other arm around her to hold her close.