37. I have something for you

I smile as I walk down the steps away from my mother's house. Willow's leaning on her car door, waiting for me. The cold wind from the evening makes me shiver as I stand in front of her, hiding my hands in my pockets.

"Are you ready to go?" She asks.

"Yeah," I grin, not able to keep my eyes off her. I can't ever remember being this happy on my own birthday before. 

"Let's go then," She says, opening her own door while I swirl around to the other side. I sit down next to her and close my door. I'm glad my mom let me spend the rest of the evening with Will. Not like she has anything to say about it anymore. But then again, I live underneath her roof. 

"I have something for you," Willow says, and I narrowed my eyes in surprise. 

"I don't want anything," I tell her because I really don't, and the only thing I want is to spend my time with her. 

"It's not really a present, present," She explains, which only left me more confused. 

"I'm sorry, it's well, here," Will says, nervously handing me a little box, and I take it slowly out of her hand. Not sure what to think at this moment.

"Should I be scared?" I chuckle, and she rolls her eyes.

"No," She smiles now, and I take off the lid of the box. I narrow my eyes in confusion because I didn't expect that at all. 

"A key?" I say as I pick it up and I look at her. 

"It's a key to my apartment. I thought maybe if you ever needed a place to go to, then my home is an option," She shrugs, and I bite my lower lip starring at the key in my hand. I swallow hard, knowing that this might not have been an easy step for her to take. 

"Thank you," I tell her, placing the key in my pocket for now.

"You're welcome," She smiles. 

"It means a lot," I admit; it was an amazing gesture by her. It kind of feels like she opened up the door that I have been waiting on. 

"You can visit as much as you want, as long you don't leave a mess," She says, starting the car, and I frown at her. 

"I won't leave a mess," I complain. 

"I know," She smiles and surprises me by taking my hand into hers as we are on the way to her home. 

"So, what do you want to do for the rest of the day?" She asks, squeezing my hand.

"What about a movie and some popcorn?" I wonder and glances at me quickly.

"That sounds very nice, but we need to make a stop for the popcorn, though," She says, and I nod. Willow lifts our intertwined hands and plants a kiss on mine. I look out the window as the wave of a blush came over me. She is so sweet. 

We stop in front of the supermarket and get out of the car. I smile as she is reaching for my hand, and I offer it happily. Her skin is warm against mine, but it's the feeling that is wonderful. The delight is overwhelming in a good way. 

We step into the warmth and start searching through the aisle, but there are so many that Williow and I decided to split up. I smile as I find the popcorn and grab it with me. As I was about to leave to find her, I see a couple of familiar faces. I turn around in a hurry but hear that they noticed me.

"Harley!" I hear the boys shout behind me as I try and rush away from them. It's two of Josh's closest friends. I guess school has to follow me everywhere I go; I turn back, seeing them still on my tail. 

"Oh, I'm sorry," I say as I walked into someone, but as I look up, I met green, concerned eyes. 

"What's the rush?" Willow asks but then looks over my head. 

"Come out, Harley," The boys laugh behind me, and I clench my jaw as I close my eyes. 

"Let's go," Willow tells me, and I nod, feeling her pushing me by her arm around my back. 

"Are you okay?" She asks, but I can only make myself shrug. I feel us stop, and she turns to face me. 

"Talk to me, Harley," Will pleaded. 

"I'm fine, let's just go," I try and smile, but the look on Willow's face tells me I failed. 

"Okay," She answers anyway, and we go to the till to pay. I grab the popcorn with me and step outside as Willow is paying. The cold air hits, and I breath in deeply to pull myself together. 

A couple of shadows to my side takes my attention. I thought they had left. 

"Harley, Harley, you have become so popular the last few weeks now," One of them says.

"Go away," I tell them, not in the mood for this. 

"Harley," Will says but stops as she sees the boys again.

"Leave her alone," She frowns at the guys, and eventually, they go away. 

"Harley," Will called out my name, but I find my way down to the car. I don't feel like talking, and I don't want to hear a thing. 

"Harley!" She shouts as I rounded the car, waiting on her to unlock the doors. 

"Hey," I feel her grabbing me by the arm, trying to meet my eyes, but I avoid her. 

"Look at me," She demands, and I do, seeing the street lamps light reflect in her eyes. 

"This is not okay, Harley; the bullying needs to stop," Will tells me, but I shake my head.

"It's fine. Can we go now," I say, not wanting this discussion.  

"Yeah," She answers but takes a moment to look at me. 

"But this needs to stop," Willow says.