4. You have a tattoo?

My dream went back to the same. Every little piece was there, and as always, she left me with a bittersweet taste. I hate the fact that I want more because it really annoys me when I can't get what I wish for.

It's been a week now since I went out to eat pancakes with Jake and met Willow. I want to see her again, and that is why I am stopping in front of her restaurant right now. Call me desperate, but how often do you meet the girl in your dreams?

I get out of my car and into the sunlight, but still, it's cold. Then I look through the windows before I find myself inside. I didn't see her, so I guess she is in the kitchen.

I knock on the door and then step inside. She turns her head in my direction, and a smile comes on her face.

"Hey, pancake, what you are doing here?" She smiles at me, and blush comes onto my cheeks. Did she just call me pancake? Now I have forgotten why I was here, at least my excuse for being here. Shit.

"Um, well," I think as fast as I can.

"I would like some more pancakes," I tell her and feel the fire in my cheeks almost burn my skin.

"Okay, just find yourself a seat and make yourself comfortable." She says, but I watch her for a little while as she is making my food. It's fascinating to watch her.

Willow meets my eyes, and I turn around to get out of the kitchen. She has this way of looking at me that makes me so embarrassed of myself. 

I sit down and wait patiently for my food. She has a nice place here with her mother. Small and dark in a cozy way. Most of all, she really knows how to make good pancakes and probably a lot more food than I want to taste.

"Here." She comes around the corner, making me jump in my seat.

"Sorry." Willow smiles as she sets the plate in front of me.

"I hope it is good." She says.

"It must be," I say, without thinking, and she watches me amused.

"Can I sit here?" She points at the seat next to her.

"Yeah, sure," I say, and she sits down in front of me while I start eating my delicious breakfast. It's the middle of the day, but I didn't have time to eat before coming here.

"So, do you still go to school?" She wonders, and I nod with my mouth full.

"That is good. Do you have any plans for next year?" She asks me.

"No, not really, " I shrug. I have never known what I wanted for my life and what to do. My dad is stressing all about it. He wants me to take over his company, but I don't know one thing about it. I don't know why he expects me to do so when he does not even teach me how to do it.

"Well, that is okay. I didn't know either." She smiles.

"You know now." I sigh as I take the last piece of my pancakes.

"Yeah." She says.

"But what did you do before this?" I wonder. She looks down at the table as she clears her throat.

"Nothing, really." Willow is tugging on her right sleeve, which exposes a small trace of a tattoo on her arm. It's the letter H.

"You have a tattoo?" I say, pointing towards her arm.

"Yeah." She lays both of her hands on her lap. I wonder why she is hiding it, but I won't ask her more about it.

"I don't know if you are interested or not, but we need a waiter, and well, if you like to..."

"Yes," I answer right away, and that only because of one thought, being near her.

"Oh, okay." She smiles, a little surprised. I have no idea what I said yes to, I think. Now she looks around as if she is not sure what to do.

"Um, my mom usually takes care of these things, but I can give you some information," I nod with a smile.

"The weekends are we usually full, so it will be hectic, a big difference from now, you see." She chuckles.

"Okay," I say.

"I will set you up with a meeting with my mother so you two can discuss your contract, and then you will be ready to go." She tells me, and I feel nervous because I have no clue about being a waiter.

"I have no idea..."

"I know," She smiles.

"But you will learn," Willow picks out her phone.

"I need your number," She hands me her phone, and I take it, putting my number into it.

"Um, maybe I should have your number as well," I say, handing her phone back; not long after, I get a text. Saying, Hi, pancake. I roll my eyes, but the same warmth comes on my cheeks.

"Now, you have it." She winks at me.

"Funny," I say, raising my eyebrow.

"I call you once I have set up the meeting, okay?" She says.

"Okay." I smile at her.