22. You don't need to tell me

I step out the door at school. Trying to find my way home. It's a long walk, way too long, but right now, I don't care. I want to get away from here. This is the last place I want to be right now. I don't think I even want to go home. The worse part, I don't even know where home is anymore.

I just let my feet carry me wherever they take me. All I want is to get as far from this world as possible. I can't remember the last time I felt so uncomfortable in my own skin. Like it's overgrown, or it has shrunk. I want to get out of here. Out of myself for just a second. It's all I am asking for.

After almost an hour, I am now standing in front of the restaurant. I figured that there is only one place I want to be, and only one person I wish to see. The only one that makes me feel like I belong somewhere.

I try to open the door, but it's closed. No wonder it's not going to open until a couple of hours. I look through my pockets for my key, and then I lock up the door. Willow is in the kitchen, talking to her mother.

They both look at me with worry, and I could feel a tear fall down my cheek, like a drop of rain falling from the sky. Without thinking, I rush forward to Willow. Wrapping my arms around her as I hide my face in her shoulder.

"What is wrong?" She asks, concerned as she holds me tight in her arms. I remain silent because all I need right now is to be in her arms.

"Hey, it's going to be okay." She tells me very lightly, and I felt my body calm down after kissing me on the top of my head. I knew being with her, being in her arms, would release my pain. I need her—a lot.

"I will take you home, okay," Willow says, but I shake my head onto her shoulder. I can hear Helena's footsteps, going out of the room.

"No?" She questions, and I feel her stroking me at the back of my head.

"I want you," I mumble onto her shirt.

"What?" She asks, not hearing what I said. I move back from her shoulder just a little.

"I want you," I tell her again and bury my face back into her. She smells so good; it's so comfortable.

"I'm right here, Harley." She whispers and then move back from her so she can see me.

"What happened to your cheek?" She wonders, moving her thumb lightly over my skin.

"Nothing." I just say I don't want to talk about it. I want to think about something else right now.

"Okay." She answers, which I am grateful for.

"I take you home," I was about to say, not again.

"With me." But her last words make me feel relieved, and I can only manage to nod.

"Okay, let's go." She takes my hand in hers, and I follow her. Willow tells her mother that she won't be here for the rest of the day. Which she says is totally fine and that she should do it more often. Willow just rolled her eyes to her mother and walked outside with me to the car.

"You want to tell me what happened?" She asks and starts driving in the direction of her home.

"No," I say, looking out the window.

"It's okay. You don't need to tell me." She says and then takes my hand in hers.

"Just know that I am here for you, okay?" Willow tells me, and I nod to her words.

A few minutes later, she stops the car in front of her place. I like it here, with her. There is no other place I want to be than here.

"Come, let's go inside." Willow and I both step out of the car and get inside. I sit down on the couch, taking the blanket over myself for warmth.

"Are you hungry?" She asks, standing with her hands on her hips, seeming very unsure of what to do.

"No," I say. It's not long ago since I ate breakfast, but I know I wouldn't eat anyway.

"You sure you don't want my pancakes?" She has a small smile on her face, but I still shake my head. Her pancakes are the best, no doubt, but I think I might throw them up after if I eat them. I don't want that.

"Okay." She looks a little sad as she sits down next to me.

"Is there something you would like to do?" Willow asks, but I decline.

"Okay." She nods.

"You want to go somewhere with me?" She wonders now, which kind of takes my interest.

"Where?" I question.

"Somewhere, far away from here and away from everyone?" Willow smiles.

"Willow, I have school, and you have your restaurant." I sigh, just thinking about going back there.

"You aren't at school now, and well, mom can take care of the restaurant for a few days." She shrugs, and still, I am unsure about it.

"I really want to go, but what am I going to say to my parents. I am going on a trip with my boss. Yeah, that would not sound weird at all." I tell her, and she starts to chuckle a little.

"I am not just your boss, Harley." She says, which makes me watch her really seriously.

"Then, what are we?" I ask something I have wanted to ask for a long time now. Willow sighs thoughtfully.

"I don't know." That was not the answer I wished for.

"There are still lots of things to figure out, okay?" She says.

"What things?" I ask, confused because I really don't understand.

"I just want to make sure."

"Make sure of what?" I question.

"Please, just give me some time, and I will tell you everything you want to hear, okay?" She tells me, and I nod lightly, accepting her wish.

"The offer still stands, you know, to go with me somewhere." She smiles slightly, and I can see some hope in her green eyes.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"My uncle owns a farm, like three hours away from here. They have like a hunting cabin up in the woods. It's small and old, but I like it there. It's quiet and peaceful. We will both get a break from everything and everyone." The way she talks really makes me want to go.

All I can think about is that there will be no school; I would get an escape from those animals for a short while. Then my family, mostly my dad. Just leave everything behind for some days. It sounds so good.

"Okay." I smile, and she nods, seeming very happy about it.

"Okay, I call my mom, and you talk to your parents if you." She says.

"I will try."