31. Are you looking at me?

Willow is lying peaceful and quiet in a deep sleep next to me in her bed. She is beautiful when she is asleep. Willow is always beautiful, but there is just something about her when she is sleeping. 

I don't know what it is, but one thing is for sure, it makes my heart fall for her even more. She came into my life like a hurricane. Fast and unexpected. 

What she told me yesterday is tearing me apart. It just won't leave. How could it? She lost the girl she loved the most, and it has hurt her more than I can ever understand. I think that is what frightens me. 

That I can't understand how it is like to lose someone so important. Or that my empathy will not be good enough and that I will cross a line that would break everything. 

I want to be the one to ease the pain, maybe even be able to take it away. Even though I don't think that would ever be possible. Losing someone like that is never gonna fade away. But maybe the pain is the way we remember.

Willow turns around while stretching her long and slim body. Her eyes open slowly, exposing her green color. 

"Hi." She whispers; her tired voice makes a smile creep upon my face.

"Hi," I say back to her, and she rubs her morning eyes. 

"How long have you been awake?" She questions me. 

"Not long," I answer, and she nods.

"Are you hungry?" She asks, and this time I nod.

"Okay." She chuckles as she gets out of bed.

"Pancakes?" Will wonders.

"Yes, I would love that." I smile and follow her to the kitchen. 

"I know you do." She laughs and finds everything she needs: pans, bowls, and the ingredients. 

"Would you like to help?"

"Yes." I smile and put the pan on the stove, putting it on medium warmth. I watch Willow make the pancake mix. It's not often I see her make food. She is usually in the kitchen at work, and I am on the floor, taking orders. 

She looks comfortable and happy in her position. You can just see how she moves her body while making food that it's something she loves to do. 

Willow turns around, busting me for staring at her. My eyes flew as fast as they could to look at the pan, but I know I was too late. 

"Are you looking at me?" She questions me, resting her hand on her hips.

"No," I say shyly, biting my lip as I stare down on the pan. 

"You always do that," Willow says, and I meet her eyes.

"What?" I ask, confused.  

"Bite your lip like that when you lie." She says, taking a few steps closer to me, locking me to the kitchen counter. 

"I-I didn't know that." I tremble; she is so close to me that it makes me nervous. Her body is almost touching mine, her lips just an inch away. 

It takes everything in me not to move. I don't want to cross a border that I am not allowed to. She has to allow me to let me in first. 

Her eyes keep looking down at my lips. I don't know if she is fighting the urge to kiss me or the guilt in her chest. I am aching to feel her warmth, but I can't make her. 

"You want to cook the pancakes?" She asks, avoiding eye contact now, and I simply just nod. 

"Okay, I am just going to the bathroom," Willow says and rushes away from the kitchen. I watched the direction she went into confusion. She was in such a hurry to get away. I don't think she is okay.

I decide to make the pancakes so she can have some time for herself. I don't want her to feel pushed. But after like five pancakes, the worry starts to creep onto me. She has been gone for a while now. I think I should go and find her.

I turn off the plate and move the pan away from the stove. Then I find the way to the bathroom and knock on the door.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah." She answers, but I could tell by her voice that she is not. 

"Can you open the door, please?" I say, and after a few seconds, she does. 

The look of sadness on her face makes my heartbreak. 

"The pancakes are kind of ready." I smile at her. I don't think she wants to talk about it, so I just let it go.

"Did you burn them?" She chuckles.

"A few of them maybe." I grin, and she rolls her eyes with a smile. We walk back to the kitchen, and I let her take over the pancakes. 

"How do you not manage to burn them?" I ask. 

"You need to be patient with them, or they'll burn."