15. Stay

I open up my heavy eyes as I just felt someone picking me up. Willow's eyes are the first thing I see. They are so green, bright, but yet so tired and sad. I hide my face in the nape of her neck, feeling how warm and soft her skin is.

I feel her legs move underneath us, but then I get hit with a coldness, which makes me shiver.

"I'm going to drive you home, okay?" She says, but I shake my head.

"No," I mumbled, struggling to keep myself awake.

"Where are you going to go then?" She questions as she puts me in the front seat of her car.

"Nowhere," I say, sad because of everything. My life is falling apart. Nothing is the way it's supposed to be. My family is no family. My grades are falling slowly. The girl I like can't stand me. What's the point anymore?

Willow sighs before she shut the door lightly. I lean my head on the door and close my eyes. I don't care anymore. She could dump me wherever she wants.

I notice the car stops, and I try to open my eyes to look around, but it's too dark. Willow steps out of the car, and I take off my seat belt. She kindly opens the door for me, and she is staring at me with worried eyes.

"Let's get you to bed, okay." She says, and I nod as I find my way out of the car. I look around and realize we are at her place. Apart from me feels relieved, I didn't want to go in any way. Not at my dad's house or my mother's house.

A big yawn escapes my mouth as I stumble after Willow.  I make the couch ready; she says as I sit down. Willow finds the duvet and the pillow for me.

"Thank you." I smile at her, and she nods. I lay down comfortably, it's not a bed, but it's okay. "You aren't going to scream again, are you?" She asks, a little worried, which makes the embarrassment come alive in me.

"No, I hope not," I say, trying not to look at her. The tension just got very awkward.

"Well, okay, I go to bed then." She says.

"Yeah, night," I tell her, and I watch her disappear around the corner to go to her bedroom.

I lay down almost with the duvet over my head. My body is drained of energy and filled with coldness. I close my eyes with no doubt. Just longing to fall asleep, to get away from this world.

There she is, as always, standing in front of me in the dark. The most beautiful girl in the whole world. Her green eyes staring at me, her black hair resting on her shoulders. Why can't this happen in real life? Why does she have to be so tempting? It's so annoying. Wanting someone, but you can't.

I wish I could be able to touch her, to kiss her myself, but I can't move. My body is frozen on the ground. There is nothing I can do. It's frustrating. Why would my head give me such a dream? ¨

I mean, does my head really hate me that much, or does it just simply like to annoy me like that? I really hope it's enjoying itself right now because this is torture.

She lays her hand on my cheek now. It's cold as always. Her eyes are stuck on me as if they were never meant to see anything else but me. Why is everyone perfect in a dream? Why can't it be the other way around?

Willow leans in, and as always, I expect nothing but that voice to tell me to take care of her. I keep waiting, but she surprises me by leaning her forehead on mine. This is weird, even though I love it. Her skin on mine, her present is calming. I close my eyes, not that I can control it, but still, I shut them.

We stand like this for a while in silence. I can't even hear her breath or even myself. Then I feel her move a little back, feeling her breathing on my skin.

"Stay." She whispers. I could barely hear it, but I could.

"Why?" I manage to say.

"Because." She whispers.

"That's not an answer," I tell her and sigh in irritation. Her lips end up on my forehead. She kisses me gently, and after a little moment, she moves back. Staring at me with her unbelievable eyes. How can someone look at me like that? As if I was their whole world.

She doesn't say anything, but after a moment, she turns around and disappears into the mist like she always does.

My eyes open up by themselves by the sound of footsteps. I look around to see Willow in the kitchen with a glass of water in her hand.

"Sorry if I woke you." She says, putting the glass on the counter.

"No, it's okay. Can't you sleep?" I wonder as she sits down on the chair next to me.

"No, I can't." Willow yawns. She looks exhausted, and I know she needs sleep.

"Why not?" I question, and she shrugs.

"I don't know, just lots of things in my head, I guess." She tells me.

"Like what?" I ask, but a little smile comes on her face.

"There is a reason why they are in my head." She chuckles, and it makes me roll my eyes at myself. Of course, she is not going to open up and tell me what she is thinking about.

"Fine." I sigh with a small smile.

"You want to watch a movie?" She questioned, and I nod right away.

"Yes, I would love that," I say, and right away, she turns on the TV. Then she gets out of the chair and sits down next to me under the duvet.

It took us fifteen minutes or something until we found a movie. We haven't seen it before, but honestly, I just wanted to spend some time with Willow where we don't work or anything like that.

This is the closest to normal I have had around her, ever since I met her.