2. I want to go home

It happened again. Like every other night. The same girl, with that dark hair and green, light eyes. Skin pale and touch cold as snow, but still so full of warmth. No matter how many times I dream about it, I still like it, even though I get annoyed that I never get that kiss.

I didn't come late to school today, because I decided to set my alarm thirty minutes earlier. So I reached my English class on time. Miss. Cross didn't get to enjoy the fact I didn't.

Now I am on the way to the party with my excited friend Alissa. She looks like a child where she is sitting next to me in the car. I am glad that she didn't find a driver, so I had to, which means no drinking.

"You can stop here." She says, pointing at a free place. I park the car, and before I know it, Alissa is out of the car. Someone is in a hurry, I guess. I wonder why.

"Come on." She almost dragged me out the door. I watch her in annoyance.

"If you gonna look this grumpy, then maybe you should go to Miss. Cross class." Alissa tells me, which only made it worse.

"Let's go." She smiles, and I follow her into the loud house. Once we get inside, the sound of music strikes my ears. My eyes take in all the surroundings that are around me. Like no one is watching, people who dance, who drink their worries away because reality is too hard to handle. I am not judgmental, just telling the truth.

While Alissa has been all around the floor, flirting with almost every guy she has found attractive. No wonder that they would wander around her like starving wolves. She is beautiful and charming in her own way, but she can't seem to find the right one, no matter how many there are. Maybe she is too picky or maybe what she is searching for is not where she is looking.

"Hey, I remember you." I look up, seeing a familiar, drunk face. It's that guy that didn't understand what no means. I stand up, walk away, searching for Alissa.

"Hey, not so fast, girl." I feel him grab my arm, I shake it off, but he takes it one more time.

"Stop," I tell him, trying to pull his hand off me.

"Come on, and we had fun last time." He says, and I watch him strangely. Doesn't he remember what happened last time? Probably not, since I hit him in the head with a bottle.

"We didn't do anything last time," I tell him with gritted and push him away. Still, he won't stop.

"She said no, asshole." A tall girl steps in front of me and pushes the guy backward. He stumbles but finds his footing again. His whole face is in anger, but it seems like he realizes he should leave me alone.

"Thank you," I tell her after he walked away. She turns around, and my mouth drops wide open.

"It's you," I say, staring at the black-haired girl with the green eyes, but her skin is not as pale as it was in my dream. Why is that? Everything else seems to be right.

"Are you okay?" She asks me, watching me weirdly. I shake myself back.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," I tell her, and an amused smile comes on her face.

"Harley!" I turn around to Alissa's voice, watching her stumbling towards me.

"I want to go home." She says and wraps her arms around me. I wonder what is going on since she holds me in a hug and said she wanted to go home.

"Okay," I say, pushing her back. I turn back around to... I was about to say dream girl, but that would have sounded weird. She is not there anymore. I look around for her, but she is gone.

"Ali, stop dragging me," I tell her in annoyance while I keep searching for her.

"I want to go home." She pleads.

"I found her," I say; she stares at me for a while.

"Oh!" She shouts so loud that my hands automatically came over my ears.

"Where- where is she?" She looks around like a fool.

"I don't know. She disappeared after you interrupted me." I tell her, annoyed.

"Well, how was she?" She asks as we walk out of the house to find the car.

"I don't really know, but she looked just like the one in my dream," I tell her; she was nice to me, though, but other than that, I don't know.

"Maybe you find her again." Ali comforts me, but it doesn't work.

"Just let go home, okay," I tell her to get into the car and start driving in silence. I am a bit angry that I didn't get to talk to her. Didn't get to know her name or simply her. So frustrating.

I dropped Alissa at her home, and I watched her struggle to find her way to her front door. It was like Bambi on the ice. I could barely keep my laugh inside.

"Harley?" I hear dad say my name when I just got inside the door.

"I'm home." I throw off my shoes until I step into the living room. Dad is sitting behind his desk, staring at his computers; at least he is working at home today so that I could go out with Alissa.

"Did you have fun?" He asks but doesn't look at me.

"Yeah," I tell him, and he nods.

"Could you watch your brother tomorrow? I have a meeting." Dad still doesn't look at me, which is annoying.

"Yeah, sure." I sigh and walk up the stairs to my bedroom and lay down in my bed. I have at least something to look forward to.